What is involved in Project-Based Learning
Find out what the related areas are that Project-Based Learning connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project-Based Learning thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project-Based Learning journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project-Based Learning leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project-Based Learning related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project-Based Learning, 21st century skills, Active learning, Challenge-based learning, Constructivist learning, Da Vinci Schools, Design-based learning, Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy, Dragons’ Den, EdVisions Schools, Envision Schools, European Union, Experiential education, Fremdsprachen und Hochschule, Hyper Island, Inquiry-based learning, International Baccalaureate, Khan Lab School, Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013, Manor Independent School District, Muscatine High School, New Tech Network, New Technology High School, Nobel Education Network, North Bay Academy of Communication and Design, North Peace Secondary School, Northwoods Community Secondary School, Phenomenon-based learning, Problem-based learning, Raisbeck Aviation High School, Reggio Emilia approach, Shark Tank, Student-centred learning, Student voice, Sudbury school, TAGOS Leadership Academy, Teaching for social justice, Think Global School, Valley New School, Vega Schools, Gurgaon:
Project-Based Learning Critical Criteria:
Pilot Project-Based Learning quality and grade techniques for implementing Project-Based Learning controls.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project-Based Learning objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is a Project-Based Learning Team Work effort in place?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Check 21st century skills governance and catalog 21st century skills activities.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Project-Based Learning opportunities costing us money?
– How can the value of Project-Based Learning be defined?
– What is Effective Project-Based Learning?
Active learning Critical Criteria:
Grasp Active learning strategies and handle a jump-start course to Active learning.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project-Based Learning leader?
– What are current Project-Based Learning Paradigms?
– What is our Project-Based Learning Strategy?
Challenge-based learning Critical Criteria:
Analyze Challenge-based learning projects and overcome Challenge-based learning skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does Project-Based Learning create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we go about Comparing Project-Based Learning approaches/solutions?
– How to Secure Project-Based Learning?
Constructivist learning Critical Criteria:
Participate in Constructivist learning risks and find the ideas you already have.
– When a Project-Based Learning manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What business benefits will Project-Based Learning goals deliver if achieved?
Da Vinci Schools Critical Criteria:
Design Da Vinci Schools engagements and correct better engagement with Da Vinci Schools results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Project-Based Learning goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What about Project-Based Learning Analysis of results?
– Do we have past Project-Based Learning Successes?
Design-based learning Critical Criteria:
Categorize Design-based learning risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Design-based learning strategies.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project-Based Learning process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project-Based Learning process available?
– To what extent does management recognize Project-Based Learning as a tool to increase the results?
– Do Project-Based Learning rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy Critical Criteria:
Learn from Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy management and secure Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy creativity.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Project-Based Learning product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is there any existing Project-Based Learning governance structure?
Dragons’ Den Critical Criteria:
Derive from Dragons’ Den engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Dragons’ Den.
– Think about the functions involved in your Project-Based Learning project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Project-Based Learning processes?
– What are the long-term Project-Based Learning goals?
EdVisions Schools Critical Criteria:
Investigate EdVisions Schools issues and differentiate in coordinating EdVisions Schools.
– What is the source of the strategies for Project-Based Learning strengthening and reform?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project-Based Learning move?
– Who needs to know about Project-Based Learning ?
Envision Schools Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Envision Schools decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Envision Schools strategies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Project-Based Learning models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What vendors make products that address the Project-Based Learning needs?
European Union Critical Criteria:
Administer European Union tasks and arbitrate European Union techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project-Based Learning information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How can we improve Project-Based Learning?
Experiential education Critical Criteria:
Derive from Experiential education leadership and display thorough understanding of the Experiential education process.
– What are the disruptive Project-Based Learning technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Fremdsprachen und Hochschule Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Fremdsprachen und Hochschule quality and get going.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Project-Based Learning objectives?
– Why is Project-Based Learning important for you now?
Hyper Island Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Hyper Island management and point out Hyper Island tensions in leadership.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project-Based Learning in a volatile global economy?
– How do we manage Project-Based Learning Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do we maintain Project-Based Learnings Integrity?
Inquiry-based learning Critical Criteria:
Test Inquiry-based learning quality and find out.
– How can you negotiate Project-Based Learning successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Does Project-Based Learning analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
International Baccalaureate Critical Criteria:
Use past International Baccalaureate goals and point out improvements in International Baccalaureate.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project-Based Learning activities?
– Why should we adopt a Project-Based Learning framework?
Khan Lab School Critical Criteria:
Dissect Khan Lab School projects and plan concise Khan Lab School education.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Project-Based Learning strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Project-Based Learning products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the Project-Based Learning organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 tactics and cater for concise Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 education.
– What are the business goals Project-Based Learning is aiming to achieve?
Manor Independent School District Critical Criteria:
Align Manor Independent School District quality and assess and formulate effective operational and Manor Independent School District strategies.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Project-Based Learning?
Muscatine High School Critical Criteria:
Grade Muscatine High School management and track iterative Muscatine High School results.
– Is Project-Based Learning Required?
New Tech Network Critical Criteria:
Derive from New Tech Network governance and improve New Tech Network service perception.
New Technology High School Critical Criteria:
Meet over New Technology High School results and correct better engagement with New Technology High School results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Project-Based Learning project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What is the purpose of Project-Based Learning in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Securing Project-Based Learning?
Nobel Education Network Critical Criteria:
Analyze Nobel Education Network leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Nobel Education Network.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Project-Based Learning project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Project-Based Learning project lifecycle?
– Is the scope of Project-Based Learning defined?
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design Critical Criteria:
Talk about North Bay Academy of Communication and Design tactics and correct better engagement with North Bay Academy of Communication and Design results.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Project-Based Learning services/products?
– Does Project-Based Learning analysis show the relationships among important Project-Based Learning factors?
North Peace Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Dissect North Peace Secondary School adoptions and attract North Peace Secondary School skills.
– Are there Project-Based Learning problems defined?
Northwoods Community Secondary School Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Northwoods Community Secondary School results and overcome Northwoods Community Secondary School skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Project-Based Learning processes?
– What are our needs in relation to Project-Based Learning skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Phenomenon-based learning Critical Criteria:
Consult on Phenomenon-based learning management and ask what if.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Project-Based Learning. How do we gain traction?
– Is Project-Based Learning dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are there Project-Based Learning Models?
Problem-based learning Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Problem-based learning governance and handle a jump-start course to Problem-based learning.
– How do we Identify specific Project-Based Learning investment and emerging trends?
– What are internal and external Project-Based Learning relations?
Raisbeck Aviation High School Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Raisbeck Aviation High School strategies and adjust implementation of Raisbeck Aviation High School.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project-Based Learning project?
– How important is Project-Based Learning to the user organizations mission?
Reggio Emilia approach Critical Criteria:
Debate over Reggio Emilia approach decisions and improve Reggio Emilia approach service perception.
– Who will provide the final approval of Project-Based Learning deliverables?
– What threat is Project-Based Learning addressing?
Shark Tank Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Shark Tank quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Shark Tank projects.
– Will Project-Based Learning have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the barriers to increased Project-Based Learning production?
– Does our organization need more Project-Based Learning education?
Student-centred learning Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Student-centred learning failures and shift your focus.
– For your Project-Based Learning project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project-Based Learning?
Student voice Critical Criteria:
Examine Student voice outcomes and remodel and develop an effective Student voice strategy.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Project-Based Learning project?
– How likely is the current Project-Based Learning plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Sudbury school Critical Criteria:
Shape Sudbury school governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Sudbury school.
– Will Project-Based Learning deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
TAGOS Leadership Academy Critical Criteria:
Value TAGOS Leadership Academy failures and oversee TAGOS Leadership Academy requirements.
– How do we know that any Project-Based Learning analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Teaching for social justice Critical Criteria:
Steer Teaching for social justice risks and achieve a single Teaching for social justice view and bringing data together.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Project-Based Learning agendas for the next 3 years?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project-Based Learning project manager?
Think Global School Critical Criteria:
Own Think Global School strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Think Global School relationship management.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project-Based Learning with what users do day-to-day?
– Think of your Project-Based Learning project. what are the main functions?
Valley New School Critical Criteria:
Face Valley New School governance and catalog Valley New School activities.
– Have you identified your Project-Based Learning key performance indicators?
Vega Schools, Gurgaon Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Vega Schools, Gurgaon strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project-Based Learning Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project-Based Learning External links:
Is project-based learning the new way to teach? – CNN
21st century skills External links:
You For Youth // Building 21st Century Skills
21st Century Skills Definition – The Glossary of …
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
Active learning External links:
Examples of Active Learning from UW-Eau Claire Instructors
Active Learning | CRLT
Paideia – Active Learning through Socratic Seminar
Constructivist learning External links:
[PDF]1-The Effects of Constructivist Learning Environment …
Constructivist Learning Theory | Exploratorium
[PDF]CONSTRUCTIVIST LEARNING VERSES EXPLICIT …
Da Vinci Schools External links:
Da Vinci Schools Annual Giving Campaign (2017-18)
Office Manager (RISE High) Job at Da Vinci Schools | EDJOIN
Da Vinci Schools | SchoolMint
Design-based learning External links:
Design-Based Learning – Click4it
Design-Based Learning : Cal Poly Pomona
Design-Based Learning and Student Achievement – ASCD
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy External links:
Apply Here – Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy
Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy – Home | Facebook
DPEA | Dos Pueblos Engineering Academy
Dragons’ Den External links:
Dragons’ Den – Official Site
EdVisions Schools External links:
EdVisions Schools 10th Annual Summer Institute …
Edvisions Schools Inc – GreatNonprofits
EdVisions Schools – Center for School Change
Envision Schools External links:
Envision Schools Jobs with Part-Time, Telecommuting, …
Envision Schools Project Exchange — WestEd
Envision Schools College Success Portfolio Defense
European Union External links:
Rivieras Leisure Shoes – Rivieras European Union
European Union (EU) Export Certificate List
Experiential education External links:
Experiential education – LEARN NC
Experiential Education – School of Pharmacy
Academics Rooted in Experiential Education | Brevard College
Fremdsprachen und Hochschule External links:
Fremdsprachen und Hochschule : FuH (Journal, …
Hyper Island External links:
Hyper Island – Google+
Hyper Island – Official Site
Hyper Island Shop – Clothing (Brand) | Facebook – 73 Photos
Inquiry-based learning External links:
“Inquiry-based learning set” by Ron Oliver
Inquiry-Based Learning | Edutopia
International Baccalaureate External links:
International Baccalaureate and Cambridge Application
Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate
Khan Lab School External links:
Khan Lab School | Kurani
Khan Lab School – Official Site
Khan Lab School – YouTube
Manor Independent School District External links:
References – Manor Independent School District
Manor Independent School District – TalentEd Recruit & Hire
Home Page-Manor Independent School District New …
Muscatine High School External links:
Muscatine High School Swimming and Diving – Home | Facebook
Muscatine High School – Official Site
New Tech Network External links:
New Tech Network | HuffPost
www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/new tech network
New Tech Network – Washington Elementary School
New Tech Network – Home | Facebook
New Technology High School External links:
Sacramento New Technology High School – We Design …
Anderson New Technology High School
Search – Sacramento New Technology High School
Nobel Education Network External links:
Nobel Education Network
Welcome to the Nobel Education Network – YouTube
Nobel Education Network – Home | Facebook
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design External links:
North Bay Academy of Communication and Design – …
North Peace Secondary School External links:
North Peace Secondary School – Home | Facebook
Northwoods Community Secondary School External links:
Northwoods Community Secondary School – Home | Facebook
NCSS – Northwoods Community Secondary School
Phenomenon-based learning External links:
Problem-based learning External links:
Problem-Based Learning | CRLT
Raisbeck Aviation High School External links:
Raisbeck Aviation High School–Edgerton’s Schedule
Raisbeck Aviation High School – Science Olympiad …
Raisbeck Aviation High School – Highline Schools Foundation
Reggio Emilia approach External links:
Reggio Emilia Approach | Reggio Children
ERIC – Fundamentals of the Reggio Emilia Approach to …
What is the Reggio Emilia Approach to Preschool? – Verywell
Shark Tank External links:
PrideBites Personalized Pet Products | As Seen on SHARK TANK
Shark Tank – Official Site
Shark Tank Fireavert, – FireAvert
Student voice External links:
Jerry Greenspan Student Voice of Mental Health Award – …
The American River Current | The student voice of …
Amplifying Student Voice – Microsoft in Education
Sudbury school External links:
Tallgrass Sudbury School
Home • THE BOULDER SUDBURY SCHOOL
TAGOS Leadership Academy External links:
TAGOS Leadership Academy | DonorsChoose.org
TAGOS Leadership Academy ~ Janesville, Wisconsin ~ …
Project Topic Ideas – TAGOS Leadership Academy
Teaching for social justice External links:
[PDF]What Does Teaching for Social Justice Mean to …
Think Global School External links:
THINK Global School | HuffPost
THINK Global School – Posts | Facebook
Think Global School – Official Site
Valley New School External links:
Enrollment at Valley New School in Appleton, WI
Valley New School Appleton WI – VocabularySpellingCity
Valley New School – Home | Facebook
Vega Schools, Gurgaon External links:
Visual Arts @ Vega Schools, Gurgaon – YouTube
Vega Schools, Gurgaon – findglocal.com
Vega Schools, Gurgaon Haryana – Schools | Hotfrog INDIA