What is involved in 100 Gbps PON
Find out what the related areas are that 100 Gbps PON connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a 100 Gbps PON thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its 100 Gbps PON journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward 100 Gbps PON leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which 100 Gbps PON related domains to cover and 94 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
100 Gbps PON, ISDN digital subscriber line, 56 kbit/s modem, ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-R BT.709, Generic Framing Procedure, G.992.3 Annex L, Broadband Forum, DSL Rings, Symmetric digital subscriber line, Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme, ITU-R 468 noise weighting, ITU V.23, Time-division duplex, ITU G.992.5 Annex M, ITU-R BT.470-7, Power spectral density, Synchronous Ethernet, Multi-rate symmetric digital subscriber line, Bridge tap, Rate-Adaptive Digital Subscriber Line, 100 Gbps PON, High-bit-rate digital subscriber line, Local loop, ITU G.992.5, Ethernet in the first mile, Reverse Power Feeding, Forward error correction, Synchronous optical networking, Telephone exchange, ITU-R BT.470-6, High bit rate digital subscriber line 2, G.992.3 Annex J, ITU-R BT.601, H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2, Trellis coding:
100 Gbps PON Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about 100 Gbps PON engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding 100 Gbps PON.
– How do your measurements capture actionable 100 Gbps PON information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Will 100 Gbps PON deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we go about Comparing 100 Gbps PON approaches/solutions?
ISDN digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Map ISDN digital subscriber line engagements and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough ISDN digital subscriber line results.
– Consider your own 100 Gbps PON project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect 100 Gbps PON workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Which 100 Gbps PON goals are the most important?
56 kbit/s modem Critical Criteria:
Chat re 56 kbit/s modem tactics and report on developing an effective 56 kbit/s modem strategy.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your 100 Gbps PON strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that 100 Gbps PON objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
ANSI T1.413 Issue 2 Critical Criteria:
Use past ANSI T1.413 Issue 2 governance and gather practices for scaling ANSI T1.413 Issue 2.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a 100 Gbps PON process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the 100 Gbps PON process available?
– Does our organization need more 100 Gbps PON education?
– Is a 100 Gbps PON Team Work effort in place?
ITU-R BT.709 Critical Criteria:
Prioritize ITU-R BT.709 quality and optimize ITU-R BT.709 leadership as a key to advancement.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of 100 Gbps PON moving forward?
– How do we keep improving 100 Gbps PON?
– How much does 100 Gbps PON help?
Generic Framing Procedure Critical Criteria:
Debate over Generic Framing Procedure engagements and change contexts.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our 100 Gbps PON agendas for the next 3 years?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its 100 Gbps PON processes?
– What is the purpose of 100 Gbps PON in relation to the mission?
G.992.3 Annex L Critical Criteria:
Check G.992.3 Annex L issues and probe G.992.3 Annex L strategic alliances.
– What are the disruptive 100 Gbps PON technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does 100 Gbps PON create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we go about Securing 100 Gbps PON?
Broadband Forum Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Broadband Forum outcomes and integrate design thinking in Broadband Forum innovation.
– Who will provide the final approval of 100 Gbps PON deliverables?
– Are we Assessing 100 Gbps PON and Risk?
DSL Rings Critical Criteria:
Illustrate DSL Rings goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling DSL Rings projects.
– What is our formula for success in 100 Gbps PON ?
– What will drive 100 Gbps PON change?
– What is Effective 100 Gbps PON?
Symmetric digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Model after Symmetric digital subscriber line decisions and ask what if.
– In a project to restructure 100 Gbps PON outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the business goals 100 Gbps PON is aiming to achieve?
Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme Critical Criteria:
Talk about Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme strategies.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good 100 Gbps PON project manager?
– What vendors make products that address the 100 Gbps PON needs?
– How can you measure 100 Gbps PON in a systematic way?
ITU-R 468 noise weighting Critical Criteria:
Accelerate ITU-R 468 noise weighting risks and finalize specific methods for ITU-R 468 noise weighting acceptance.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a 100 Gbps PON strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is 100 Gbps PON dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
ITU V.23 Critical Criteria:
Discuss ITU V.23 planning and look at the big picture.
– What are the key elements of your 100 Gbps PON performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do the 100 Gbps PON decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom 100 Gbps PON project?
Time-division duplex Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Time-division duplex leadership and drive action.
– What are our needs in relation to 100 Gbps PON skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in 100 Gbps PON?
– How to deal with 100 Gbps PON Changes?
ITU G.992.5 Annex M Critical Criteria:
Guard ITU G.992.5 Annex M quality and find the essential reading for ITU G.992.5 Annex M researchers.
– Does 100 Gbps PON appropriately measure and monitor risk?
ITU-R BT.470-7 Critical Criteria:
Grasp ITU-R BT.470-7 adoptions and correct ITU-R BT.470-7 management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which 100 Gbps PON models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the 100 Gbps PON requirements in detail?
– Are assumptions made in 100 Gbps PON stated explicitly?
Power spectral density Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Power spectral density engagements and remodel and develop an effective Power spectral density strategy.
– Can we add value to the current 100 Gbps PON decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we maintain 100 Gbps PONs Integrity?
Synchronous Ethernet Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Synchronous Ethernet results and maintain Synchronous Ethernet for success.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this 100 Gbps PON process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting 100 Gbps PON with what users do day-to-day?
Multi-rate symmetric digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Multi-rate symmetric digital subscriber line outcomes and reduce Multi-rate symmetric digital subscriber line costs.
– How will you measure your 100 Gbps PON effectiveness?
Bridge tap Critical Criteria:
Consider Bridge tap risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– Does 100 Gbps PON analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What business benefits will 100 Gbps PON goals deliver if achieved?
Rate-Adaptive Digital Subscriber Line Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Rate-Adaptive Digital Subscriber Line engagements and test out new things.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the 100 Gbps PON process?
– Do we have past 100 Gbps PON Successes?
100 Gbps PON Critical Criteria:
Guard 100 Gbps PON quality and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your 100 Gbps PON processes?
– How do we know that any 100 Gbps PON analysis is complete and comprehensive?
High-bit-rate digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Test High-bit-rate digital subscriber line results and assess and formulate effective operational and High-bit-rate digital subscriber line strategies.
– What potential environmental factors impact the 100 Gbps PON effort?
– What are current 100 Gbps PON Paradigms?
Local loop Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Local loop outcomes and describe the risks of Local loop sustainability.
– Does the 100 Gbps PON task fit the clients priorities?
ITU G.992.5 Critical Criteria:
Derive from ITU G.992.5 governance and point out improvements in ITU G.992.5.
– Do those selected for the 100 Gbps PON team have a good general understanding of what 100 Gbps PON is all about?
– What is the total cost related to deploying 100 Gbps PON, including any consulting or professional services?
Ethernet in the first mile Critical Criteria:
Unify Ethernet in the first mile risks and differentiate in coordinating Ethernet in the first mile.
– Have the types of risks that may impact 100 Gbps PON been identified and analyzed?
– What are the Key enablers to make this 100 Gbps PON move?
Reverse Power Feeding Critical Criteria:
Pilot Reverse Power Feeding issues and know what your objective is.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent 100 Gbps PON services/products?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a 100 Gbps PON project?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed 100 Gbps PON opportunities costing us money?
Forward error correction Critical Criteria:
Mix Forward error correction projects and plan concise Forward error correction education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your 100 Gbps PON project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of 100 Gbps PON into the services that we provide?
Synchronous optical networking Critical Criteria:
Pilot Synchronous optical networking planning and find out.
– In what ways are 100 Gbps PON vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Scan Telephone exchange management and define Telephone exchange competency-based leadership.
ITU-R BT.470-6 Critical Criteria:
Own ITU-R BT.470-6 management and describe the risks of ITU-R BT.470-6 sustainability.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding 100 Gbps PON?
High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 Critical Criteria:
Unify High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 failures and document what potential High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do mission and objectives affect the 100 Gbps PON processes of our organization?
G.992.3 Annex J Critical Criteria:
Give examples of G.992.3 Annex J tactics and look at the big picture.
– Have all basic functions of 100 Gbps PON been defined?
ITU-R BT.601 Critical Criteria:
Track ITU-R BT.601 tactics and report on setting up ITU-R BT.601 without losing ground.
– Is maximizing 100 Gbps PON protection the same as minimizing 100 Gbps PON loss?
– To what extent does management recognize 100 Gbps PON as a tool to increase the results?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as 100 Gbps PON leaders?
H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 engagements and grade techniques for implementing H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 controls.
– Does 100 Gbps PON systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Trellis coding Critical Criteria:
Recall Trellis coding management and summarize a clear Trellis coding focus.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the 100 Gbps PON Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
100 Gbps PON External links:
100 Gbps PON Complete Self-Assessment
100 Gbps PON – Gartner IT Glossary
ISDN digital subscriber line External links:
ISDN digital subscriber line
ISDN Digital Subscriber Line (IDSL) uses ISDN-based digital subscriber line technology to provide a data communication channel across existing copper telephone lines at a rate of 144 kbit/s, slightly higher than a bonded dual channel ISDN connection at 128kbit/s. The digital transmission bypasses the telephone company’s central office equipment that handles analogue signals.
What is ISDN DIGITAL SUBSCRIBER LINE? What does …
56 kbit/s modem External links:
56 Kbit/s Modem | 56 Kbit Modem
ANSI T1.413 Issue 2 External links:
ANSI T1.413 Issue 2 – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/ansi t1 413 issue 2/en-en
ansi t1.413 issue 2 Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
photobucket.com/images/ansi t1.413 issue 2
ITU-R BT.709 External links:
CiteSeerX — sRGB uses ITU-R BT.709 primaries
ITU-R BT.709 dictionary definition | ITU-R BT.709 defined
Generic Framing Procedure External links:
ITU-T G.7041 : Generic framing procedure (GFP) …
G.7041 : Generic framing procedure – ITU
[PDF]Generic Framing Procedure (GFP) for NG …
G.992.3 Annex L External links:
How To Pronounce ITU G.992.3 Annex L
www.pronouncekiwi.com/ITU G.992.3 Annex L
“ITU G.992.3 Annex L” on Revolvy.com
topics.revolvy.com/topic/ITU G.992.3 Annex L&item_type=topic
ITU G.992.3 Annex L – broom2.revolvy.com
broom2.revolvy.com/topic/ITU G.992.3 Annex L&item_type=topic
Broadband Forum External links:
Michigan’s Public Safety Broadband Forum
MoCA Joins Broadband Forum | Multichannel
Douglas County Broadband Forum – Douglas County
DSL Rings External links:
DSL Rings | Article about DSL Rings by The Free Dictionary
[PDF]100811 DSL Rings White Paper
DSL Rings – Home | Facebook
Symmetric digital subscriber line External links:
Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line – ADSL
What ADSL Is (Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line) – …
Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme External links:
Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme | SONET and SDH: …
Link capacity adjustment scheme – FUJITSU LIMITED
ITU-T G.7042-2006 link capacity adjustment scheme …
ITU-R 468 noise weighting External links:
Translation of ITU-R 468 noise weighting in English
“ITU-R 468 noise weighting” on Revolvy.com
update.revolvy.com/topic/ITU-R 468 noise weighting
ITU-R 468 noise weighting – Revolvy
ITU V.23 External links:
ITU V.23 – Revolvy
How To Pronounce ITU V.23
ITU G.992.5 Annex M External links:
ITU G.992.5 Annex M | Networks | Electronics
Power spectral density External links:
Power spectral density
Power spectral density is commonly expressed inwatts per hertz (W/Hz) or dBm/Hz. The spectral density of the wave, when multiplied by an appropriate factor, will give the powe…r carried by the wave, per unit frequency, known as the power spectral density (PSD) of the signal.
power spectral density PSD? – MATLAB Answers – …
What is power spectral density? – ResearchGate
Synchronous Ethernet External links:
[PDF]Synchronous Ethernet – IEEE
[PDF]AN-1730DP83640 Synchronous Ethernet Mode: …
Multi-rate symmetric digital subscriber line External links:
Bridge tap External links:
Hayden Bridge Tap House – Home | Facebook
Bridge Tap House (@BridgeSTL) | Twitter
Rate-Adaptive Digital Subscriber Line External links:
Rate-Adaptive Digital Subscriber Line – Sensagent.com
dictionary.sensagent.com/rate adaptive digital subscriber line/en-en
100 Gbps PON External links:
100 Gbps PON Complete Self-Assessment
100 Gbps PON – Gartner IT Glossary
High-bit-rate digital subscriber line External links:
High-bit-rate digital subscriber line
High-bit-rate digital subscriber line (HDSL) is a telecommunications protocol standardized in 1994. It was the first digital subscriber line (DSL) technology to use a higher frequency spectrum of copper, twisted pair cables. HDSL was developed to transport DS1 services at 1.544 Mbit/s and 2.048 Mbit/s over telephone local loops without a need for repeaters.
High-bit-rate Digital Subscriber Line (HDSL) – ARC Elect
Local loop External links:
Local Loop – Brew Bus
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Unbundled Local Loop – 2-Wire …
ITU G.992.5 External links:
Ethernet in the first mile External links:
Ethernet in the first mile – YouTube
EFM Ethernet in the First Mile – YouTube
Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) – Actelis Networks
Reverse Power Feeding External links:
Power from the people: Reverse power feeding | Insight | …
Patent US9571669 – Reverse power feeding system and …
REVERSE POWER FEEDING SYSTEM AND METHOD – …
Forward error correction External links:
[PDF]Forward error correction – mars.merhot.dk
FEC (Forward Error Correction) | Viasat
Synchronous optical networking External links:
synchronous optical networking – getreport.in
[PDF]EIS Service Guide: Synchronous Optical Networking …
What is Synchronous Optical Networking | IGI Global
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Online BillPay – Steelville Telephone Exchange Inc.
High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 External links:
High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 – WOW.com
High bit rate digital subscriber line 2
High bit rate digital subscriber line 2 (HDSL2) is a standard developed by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Committee T1E1.4 and published in 2000 as ANSI T1.418-2000. Like its predecessor HDSL, HDSL2 provides a symmetric data rate of 1,544 kbit/s in both the upstream and downstream directions at a noise margin of 5-6 dB.
G.992.3 Annex J External links:
How To Pronounce ITU G.992.3 Annex J
www.pronouncekiwi.com/ITU G.992.3 Annex J
ITU G.992.3 Annex J – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/ITU G.992.3 Annex J&item_type=topic
ITU-R BT.601 External links:
ITU-R BT.601 dictionary definition | ITU-R BT.601 defined
H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 External links:
See more about H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2
H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 – Wikipedia
Trellis coding External links:
NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) – Trellis coding …