What is involved in Elastic Leadership
Find out what the related areas are that Elastic Leadership connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Elastic Leadership thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Elastic Leadership journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Elastic Leadership leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Elastic Leadership related domains to cover and 90 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Elastic Leadership, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, Cloud computing, Cloud infrastructure, Data center, FreeBSD jail, Infrastructure as a service, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, Linux kernel, Rackspace Cloud, Software container, Solid-state drives, Storage area network, United States:
Elastic Leadership Critical Criteria:
Pilot Elastic Leadership strategies and catalog what business benefits will Elastic Leadership goals deliver if achieved.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Elastic Leadership product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is Elastic Leadership Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What about Elastic Leadership Analysis of results?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud Critical Criteria:
Categorize Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud quality and point out improvements in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Elastic Leadership. How do we gain traction?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Elastic Leadership ?
– Is a Elastic Leadership Team Work effort in place?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cloud computing management and observe effective Cloud computing.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– How does cloud computing affect budget predictability for CIOs?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– How can you measure Elastic Leadership in a systematic way?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Cloud infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Cloud infrastructure adoptions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Cloud infrastructure information.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– Hybrid clouds have unique security requirements that legacy security cannot meet. Since traditional security tools provide limited visibility into cloud infrastructure, how are you going to protect what you can not see?
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– How can you protect the hypervisor (a key component for cloud infrastructures) which interacts and manages multiple environments in the cloud?
– Which cloud deployment model enables to provisioning the cloud infrastructure for exclusive use by organizations that have shared concerns?
– Which component(s) of a cloud infrastructure framework helps automating the creation and delivery of computing resources to the consumers?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Elastic Leadership services/products?
– Do I migrate applications to a cloud infrastructure or do I take the time to reengineer my applications and only migrate data?
– How will the switch happen to public cloud when the private cloud infrastructure gets mixed out?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Elastic Leadership forward?
– How do we measure improved Elastic Leadership service perception, and satisfaction?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Data center issues and reduce Data center costs.
– Does Elastic Leadership include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– Why are Elastic Leadership skills important?
FreeBSD jail Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re FreeBSD jail tactics and correct FreeBSD jail management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Elastic Leadership project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Elastic Leadership? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Elastic Leadership processes?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Infrastructure as a service adoptions and point out improvements in Infrastructure as a service.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Elastic Leadership?
– Have you identified your Elastic Leadership key performance indicators?
– What is Effective Elastic Leadership?
Kernel-based Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Define Kernel-based Virtual Machine quality and ask what if.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Elastic Leadership process?
– Does Elastic Leadership appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What are internal and external Elastic Leadership relations?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Study Linux kernel governance and document what potential Linux kernel megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Elastic Leadership opportunities costing us money?
– How do we go about Securing Elastic Leadership?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Align Rackspace Cloud governance and sort Rackspace Cloud activities.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Elastic Leadership moving forward?
– What vendors make products that address the Elastic Leadership needs?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Software container Critical Criteria:
Administer Software container results and create Software container explanations for all managers.
– Consider your own Elastic Leadership project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Elastic Leadership into the services that we provide?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Elastic Leadership values?
Solid-state drives Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Solid-state drives governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Solid-state drives because they lack skills.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Elastic Leadership project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Elastic Leadership project lifecycle?
– In what ways are Elastic Leadership vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Supporting Elastic Leadership documentation required?
Storage area network Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Storage area network risks and define what our big hairy audacious Storage area network goal is.
– what is the best design framework for Elastic Leadership organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Is there a Elastic Leadership Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we all define Elastic Leadership in the same way?
United States Critical Criteria:
Categorize United States results and secure United States creativity.
– What are the current regulatory and regulatory reporting requirements in the United States (e.g. local, state, national, and other) for organizations relating to Cybersecurity?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Does our organization need more Elastic Leadership education?
– Are you legally authorized to work in the united states?
– What threat is Elastic Leadership addressing?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Elastic Leadership Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Elastic Leadership External links:
Manning | Elastic Leadership
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud External links:
What is Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)? – Sumo Logic
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud infrastructure External links:
Cloud Infrastructure Governance for DevOps | Fugue
Helion OpenStack® Cloud Infrastructure Solution | HPE™
Dome9 – Cloud Infrastructure Security, AWS Security …
Data center External links:
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
Lenovo Official US Site | Computers, Smartphones, Data Center
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Best Large Scale Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) | ANEXIO
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Kernel-based Virtual Machine External links:
KVM Home Page – Kernel-based Virtual Machine
Kernel-based Virtual Machine – Official Site
Kernel-Based Virtual Machine – go4hosting.in
Linux kernel External links:
2-Year-Old Linux Kernel Issue Resurfaces As High-Risk Flaw
HPSBHF3548 rev.2 – Linux Kernel Flaw, ASN.1 DER …
Linux kernel mailing list – Official Site
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Software container External links:
The Essential Guide to Software Containers in …
3 answers: What is a software container? – Quora
Storage area network External links:
Storage Area Network | Washington Technology Solutions
WinPE: Storage Area Network (SAN) Policy
Support for booting from a Storage Area Network (SAN)
United States External links:
Intellicast – Current Radar in United States