What is involved in Agile Unified Process
Find out what the related areas are that Agile Unified Process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile Unified Process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile Unified Process related domains to cover and 90 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile Unified Process, Agile modeling, Agile software development, Configuration Management, Database refactoring, Disciplined agile delivery, Enterprise Unified Process, Project Management, Rational Unified Process, Test-driven development, Unified Process, Unit testing:
Agile Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Mine Agile Unified Process decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Agile Unified Process.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Agile Unified Process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Agile Unified Process project lifecycle?
– Is maximizing Agile Unified Process protection the same as minimizing Agile Unified Process loss?
– What are internal and external Agile Unified Process relations?
Agile modeling Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Agile modeling planning and change contexts.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Agile Unified Process processes of our organization?
– Is there any existing Agile Unified Process governance structure?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile Unified Process Management?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Audit Agile software development goals and create Agile software development explanations for all managers.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– How do we measure improved Agile Unified Process service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– If you used Agile in the past, but do not now, why?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Configuration Management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Configuration Management governance and revise understanding of Configuration Management architectures.
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Agile Unified Process goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requested changes to the cis assessed, processed and tracked?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– What tools, resources, and training are required to perform baseline change assessment?
– Are work control packages complete, ready for implementation, and attached?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– Is the appropriate version specified for each build component?
– Has an initial assessments of your CM Program been conducted?
– What types of status accounting reports are to be generated?
– What is a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– What versions are affected by component x changes?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Why is application sizing important?
– How are people informed of changes?
– What work is involved?
Database refactoring Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Database refactoring risks and test out new things.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Agile Unified Process does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Agile Unified Process process?
Disciplined agile delivery Critical Criteria:
Chat re Disciplined agile delivery leadership and figure out ways to motivate other Disciplined agile delivery users.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Agile Unified Process agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you measure your Agile Unified Process effectiveness?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Deduce Enterprise Unified Process engagements and grade techniques for implementing Enterprise Unified Process controls.
– Can we add value to the current Agile Unified Process decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the disruptive Agile Unified Process technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is the scope of Agile Unified Process defined?
Project Management Critical Criteria:
Think about Project Management tasks and create Project Management explanations for all managers.
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How is the value delivered by Agile Unified Process being measured?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– How much project management is needed?
– So then, what is a virtual team?
– what is causing us to be behind?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Unify Rational Unified Process projects and get going.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Agile Unified Process activities?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Test-driven development governance and devote time assessing Test-driven development and its risk.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile Unified Process objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Judge Unified Process tactics and find the ideas you already have.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Agile Unified Process?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile Unified Process project?
– Are assumptions made in Agile Unified Process stated explicitly?
Unit testing Critical Criteria:
Understand Unit testing goals and define what our big hairy audacious Unit testing goal is.
– What are our needs in relation to Agile Unified Process skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is a Agile Unified Process Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile Unified Process External links:
The Agile Unified Process – Department of Computer Science
What is Agile Unified Process (AUP)? Webopedia Definition
Agile modeling External links:
Agile Modeling with Mind Map and UML | StickyMinds
Agile Modeling and Prototyping – Instructure
Keys to the Successful Adoption of Agile Modeling – Smartsheet
Agile software development External links:
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
Configuration Management External links:
Configuration Management | IpX
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Database refactoring External links:
What is database refactoring? – Quora
SQL database refactoring techniques – Solution center
Liquibase | Database Refactoring | Command line
Disciplined agile delivery External links:
Disciplined Agile Delivery DAD: A Brief Introduction – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) – YouTube
Disciplined Agile Delivery – Meetup
Project Management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Rational Unified Process External links:
[PDF]The Rational Unified Process Phase and milestone …
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
Standards, compliance, and Rational Unified Process
Unified Process External links:
Unified Process Life Cycle Flashcards | Quizlet
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia …
Unit testing External links:
Introduction to Unit Testing | QUnit
Live Unit Testing in Visual Studio | Microsoft Docs
Unit Testing – Efficient Java Matrix Library