What is involved in IoT
Find out what the related areas are that IoT connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IoT thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Assemble Your IoT Business Solution journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Assemble Your IoT Business Solution leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IoT related domains to cover and 55 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IoT, Belgian railway signalling, British Indian Ocean Territory, Illuminates of Thanateros, Inductive output tube, Institute of Transportation, Internet of things, Interoperability testing:
IoT Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IoT strategies and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential IoT information.
– Do we put an IAM architect in the IoT center of excellence? Hastily deployed pockets of identity infrastructure need to be maintained for the full lifetime of the devices. You do not want to set a presence of systems with low assurance levels that an organization later must handle. Do you need end-to-end authentication and authorization?
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– Even the most security-conscious sectors may be unprepared for the security impact that IoT connected devices can have. So what can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– How will the service discovery platforms that will be needed to deploy sensor networks impact the overall governance of the iot?
– Can/how do the SWE standards work in an IoT environment on a large scale -billions/trillions or more sensors/ things ?
– What are the critical success factors which will support the expansion and wide adoption of IoT applications?
– What does enterprise-class security really mean in the case of an IoT cloud-based platform?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an iot ethical charter?
– Has your organization established leadership for its IoT efforts?
– Do we have industrial internet-of-things (iiot) on our radar?
– Why should enterprise it departments care about IoT?
– How can the RoI of IoT applications be assessed and measured?
– What is our formula for success in IIoT?
– How fast is IoT becoming important?
– Why Do we Need an IoT Platform?
– Why should we learn about IoT?
– What can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– What is Disruptive with IoT?
– How to define the iot?
Belgian railway signalling Critical Criteria:
Dissect Belgian railway signalling failures and work towards be a leading Belgian railway signalling expert.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of IoT activities?
– Do IoT rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How can the value of IoT be defined?
British Indian Ocean Territory Critical Criteria:
Facilitate British Indian Ocean Territory leadership and get going.
– Does IoT create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– In a project to restructure IoT outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How to Secure IoT?
Illuminates of Thanateros Critical Criteria:
Guard Illuminates of Thanateros planning and prioritize challenges of Illuminates of Thanateros.
– Do those selected for the IoT team have a good general understanding of what IoT is all about?
– Is the IoT organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Inductive output tube Critical Criteria:
Scan Inductive output tube quality and probe Inductive output tube strategic alliances.
– What are our best practices for minimizing IoT project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the IoT project lifecycle?
– Will IoT have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving IoT forward?
Institute of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Survey Institute of Transportation outcomes and assess what counts with Institute of Transportation that we are not counting.
– Does IoT include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do your measurements capture actionable IoT information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Internet of things quality and transcribe Internet of things as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What types of service platforms are required to deploy event driven applications and to make possible dynamic adaptation of service platforms or application to insertion of sensors with new classes of capabilities?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– In the event the database is corrupted, to what level of currency must it be restored?
– How will the IoT impact the cloud and other aspects of the future of computing?
– Disaster recovery site–what happens if contractors server is destroyed?
– What impacts on users, clients and the business must be planned for?
– How would a society benefit from an AI that passes the Turing test?
– How will the company generate revenue for its product or service?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– Who will be the leading companies of the Internet of Things?
– With which external recipient(s) is the information shared?
– How is the information transmitted or disclosed?
– Do you need to address end-user safety concerns?
– How will IPv6 affect the internet of things?
– Does our wireless sensor network scale?
– Why is the information being collected?
– How will you access customers?
– What is an Agent?
Interoperability testing Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Interoperability testing management and attract Interoperability testing skills.
– How do we maintain IoTs Integrity?
– Why are IoT skills important?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Assemble Your IoT Business Solution Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IoT External links:
THE TAG IoT Symposium 2017: The Time is NOW!
Belgian railway signalling External links:
Belgian railway signalling – 21pw.com
Belgian railway signalling – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Belgian railway signalling
British Indian Ocean Territory External links:
British Indian Ocean Territory Flag and Description
Governance | British Indian Ocean Territory
Illuminates of Thanateros External links:
Illuminates of Thanateros (IOT) – the MYSTICA
Illuminates of Thanateros | British Isles Section
What the Illuminates of Thanateros Do Not Want You to Know
Inductive output tube External links:
[PDF]Prospects for an Inductive Output Tube (IOT) Based …
A 30 MW, 200 MHz Inductive Output Tube for RF Accelerators
Institute of Transportation External links:
Institute of Transportation Engineers
UCLA Institute of Transportation Studies
ITE Career Center – Institute of Transportation Engineers
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Interoperability testing External links:
Interoperability Testing | GENBAND
Interoperability Testing Matrices | DirectTrust.org
Interoperability Testing Home – Sonus