What is involved in Internet Marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Internet Marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Internet Marketing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Internet Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Internet Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Internet Marketing related domains to cover and 160 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Internet Marketing, Advertising media, Streaming media, Personalized retargeting, Supply-side platform, Mobile advertising, Click fraud, Loyalty marketing, Underwriting spot, Content management system, Online wallet, Music on hold, Advertising agencies, Social commerce, Marketing communications, Yellow Pages, Do Not Track, Online advertising, Direct marketing, World Wide Web, Privacy mode, Cable television, Behavioral targeting, Personal selling, Internet Advertising Bureau, Sex in advertising, Mobile marketing, Promotional mix, Nielsen Media Research, Corporate propaganda, Comparison shopping website, Mobile commerce, Search engine results pages, Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, Out-of-home advertising, Cost per mille, Online pharmacy, Account-based marketing, Comparison of HTML 5 and Flash, Local search engine optimisation, Mobile payment, CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Search engine marketing, Content marketing, Internet Marketing, Call centre, Ad blocking, Ad server, Business marketing, Advertising affiliate, Visual merchandising, Affiliate network:
Internet Marketing Critical Criteria:
Examine Internet Marketing visions and prioritize challenges of Internet Marketing.
– Can we add value to the current Internet Marketing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Internet Marketing processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Internet Marketing relations?
Advertising media Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Advertising media results and raise human resource and employment practices for Advertising media.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Internet Marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Internet Marketing opportunities costing us money?
– To what extent does management recognize Internet Marketing as a tool to increase the results?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Streaming media tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing Streaming media.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Internet Marketing. How do we gain traction?
– How do we Identify specific Internet Marketing investment and emerging trends?
– Does Internet Marketing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Personalized retargeting Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Personalized retargeting quality and optimize Personalized retargeting leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Internet Marketing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is maximizing Internet Marketing protection the same as minimizing Internet Marketing loss?
– What about Internet Marketing Analysis of results?
Supply-side platform Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Supply-side platform leadership and achieve a single Supply-side platform view and bringing data together.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Internet Marketing requirements in detail?
– Why are Internet Marketing skills important?
– How much does Internet Marketing help?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Reason over Mobile advertising visions and shift your focus.
– What are our needs in relation to Internet Marketing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Have all basic functions of Internet Marketing been defined?
– How can we improve Internet Marketing?
Click fraud Critical Criteria:
Categorize Click fraud leadership and find the ideas you already have.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Internet Marketing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Internet Marketing project lifecycle?
– How can you measure Internet Marketing in a systematic way?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Loyalty marketing issues and reduce Loyalty marketing costs.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Internet Marketing agendas for the next 3 years?
– Why should we adopt a Internet Marketing framework?
– Is Internet Marketing Required?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Steer Underwriting spot risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Underwriting spot.
– What are the disruptive Internet Marketing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can the value of Internet Marketing be defined?
– Is the scope of Internet Marketing defined?
Content management system Critical Criteria:
Chat re Content management system goals and stake your claim.
– What are all of our Internet Marketing domains and what do they do?
– How would one define Internet Marketing leadership?
– What is a learning management system?
– How do we define online learning?
Online wallet Critical Criteria:
Boost Online wallet visions and prioritize challenges of Online wallet.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Internet Marketing processes?
– Do we all define Internet Marketing in the same way?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Music on hold failures and ask what if.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Internet Marketing?
– Who sets the Internet Marketing standards?
Advertising agencies Critical Criteria:
Value Advertising agencies decisions and find the essential reading for Advertising agencies researchers.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Internet Marketing activities?
Social commerce Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Social commerce visions and adjust implementation of Social commerce.
– Is the Internet Marketing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Supporting Internet Marketing documentation required?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Value Marketing communications governance and achieve a single Marketing communications view and bringing data together.
– Some measurement of efficiency is better than no measurement of it. if you do not know the cpm how can you justify the expense of using one medium or vehicle versus another?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– Key messages encapsulate the most important information you wish to communicate what do we want the audience(s) to take away?
– How do selective attention, selective distortion, and selective retention apply to this advertising message?
– If an introductory phase is called for, is the weight scheduled sufficient to break through to the consumer?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– What are you trying to achieve (e.g. specific knowledge, opinion and/or behavior outcome to be achieved)?
– Does Internet Marketing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Nature of the message (is it complicated and therefore better communicated in person?
– Can disclosures be effective as remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– What if product tampering occurs and consumers buying csm products are harmed?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– What distribution level do you hope to achieve?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– Plan delivery compared to media objectives?
– Have all reasonable options been examined?
– Who are your most important prospects?
– What is to be tested?
Yellow Pages Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Yellow Pages goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Yellow Pages projects.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Internet Marketing with what users do day-to-day?
– Do Internet Marketing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are we Assessing Internet Marketing and Risk?
Do Not Track Critical Criteria:
Review Do Not Track planning and differentiate in coordinating Do Not Track.
– In the case of a Internet Marketing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Internet Marketing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Internet Marketing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Internet Marketing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Online advertising risks and find out what it really means.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Internet Marketing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the barriers to increased Internet Marketing production?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Direct marketing risks and create Direct marketing explanations for all managers.
– Will Internet Marketing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on World Wide Web visions and forecast involvement of future World Wide Web projects in development.
Privacy mode Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Privacy mode issues and oversee implementation of Privacy mode.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Internet Marketing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Internet Marketing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Cable television Critical Criteria:
Design Cable television projects and adjust implementation of Cable television.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Internet Marketing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we know that any Internet Marketing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Detail Behavioral targeting risks and know what your objective is.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Internet Marketing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we keep improving Internet Marketing?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Chart Personal selling goals and report on setting up Personal selling without losing ground.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Does the Internet Marketing task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we Lead with Internet Marketing in Mind?
Internet Advertising Bureau Critical Criteria:
Unify Internet Advertising Bureau decisions and find the essential reading for Internet Advertising Bureau researchers.
– What are the key elements of your Internet Marketing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Internet Marketing process?
– Which Internet Marketing goals are the most important?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Sex in advertising engagements and grade techniques for implementing Sex in advertising controls.
– How do we manage Internet Marketing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mobile marketing risks and find out what it really means.
Promotional mix Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Promotional mix tasks and probe the present value of growth of Promotional mix.
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– Are assumptions made in Internet Marketing stated explicitly?
Nielsen Media Research Critical Criteria:
Review Nielsen Media Research results and look in other fields.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Internet Marketing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Depict Corporate propaganda leadership and develop and take control of the Corporate propaganda initiative.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Internet Marketing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Internet Marketing move?
Comparison shopping website Critical Criteria:
Value Comparison shopping website goals and overcome Comparison shopping website skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Internet Marketing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How is the value delivered by Internet Marketing being measured?
Mobile commerce Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mobile commerce failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mobile commerce is getting what it needs.
– In what ways are Internet Marketing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who needs to know about Internet Marketing ?
Search engine results pages Critical Criteria:
Categorize Search engine results pages failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Search engine results pages services.
– How can you negotiate Internet Marketing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Internet Marketing process?
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 outcomes and create Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 explanations for all managers.
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Understand Out-of-home advertising planning and figure out ways to motivate other Out-of-home advertising users.
– What are the business goals Internet Marketing is aiming to achieve?
Cost per mille Critical Criteria:
Talk about Cost per mille results and achieve a single Cost per mille view and bringing data together.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Internet Marketing delivery for example is new software needed?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Internet Marketing project?
Online pharmacy Critical Criteria:
Focus on Online pharmacy results and look in other fields.
– When a Internet Marketing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Internet Marketing?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Guide Account-based marketing goals and ask what if.
– Can we do Internet Marketing without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What threat is Internet Marketing addressing?
Comparison of HTML 5 and Flash Critical Criteria:
Detail Comparison of HTML 5 and Flash quality and develop and take control of the Comparison of HTML 5 and Flash initiative.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Internet Marketing project manager?
Local search engine optimisation Critical Criteria:
Apply Local search engine optimisation engagements and ask what if.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Internet Marketing processes?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Internet Marketing been identified and analyzed?
Mobile payment Critical Criteria:
Test Mobile payment planning and probe Mobile payment strategic alliances.
– Which customers cant participate in our Internet Marketing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Internet Marketing project?
– What killer use cases in mobile payments have not been considered?
– Will mobile payments ever replace credit cards?
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 Critical Criteria:
Trace CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 decisions and prioritize challenges of CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Critical Criteria:
Model after Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act projects and oversee implementation of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Internet Marketing leader?
– How do we maintain Internet Marketings Integrity?
Search engine marketing Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Search engine marketing results and arbitrate Search engine marketing techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Internet Marketing effort?
– Why is Internet Marketing important for you now?
Content marketing Critical Criteria:
Align Content marketing tactics and optimize Content marketing leadership as a key to advancement.
– what is the best design framework for Internet Marketing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Internet Marketing Critical Criteria:
Understand Internet Marketing strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing Internet Marketing.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Internet Marketing processes?
Call centre Critical Criteria:
Track Call centre visions and correct better engagement with Call centre results.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Internet Marketing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Think of your Internet Marketing project. what are the main functions?
Ad blocking Critical Criteria:
Recall Ad blocking leadership and get the big picture.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Internet Marketing study?
– Do we have past Internet Marketing Successes?
Ad server Critical Criteria:
Boost Ad server quality and find out.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Internet Marketing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Are there Internet Marketing problems defined?
Business marketing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Business marketing failures and overcome Business marketing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Internet Marketing services/products?
– What is the source of the strategies for Internet Marketing strengthening and reform?
Advertising affiliate Critical Criteria:
Drive Advertising affiliate failures and oversee Advertising affiliate management by competencies.
– What are current Internet Marketing Paradigms?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Guide Visual merchandising issues and define Visual merchandising competency-based leadership.
Affiliate network Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Affiliate network goals and stake your claim.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Internet Marketing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Internet Marketing process available?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Internet Marketing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Internet Marketing External links:
Black Fin – Results-Driven SEO & Internet Marketing …
Think Basis – Internet Marketing and Business …
Vero Beach Website Design and Internet Marketing
Advertising media External links:
2018 Advertising Media Planner – Hotel Business
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media Services – technet.microsoft.com
Top Streaming media players & services Reviews | …
Personalized retargeting External links:
Personalized Retargeting by RTB House: Marketers’ …
Perfectly Branded, Ultra-Personalized Retargeting | Criteo
Supply-side platform External links:
What is a supply-side platform? – Quora
What is a Supply-Side Platform, or SSP? – Digiday
Mobile advertising External links:
Mobile Advertising Definition | Investopedia
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Click fraud External links:
[PDF]Click Fraud – Pennsylvania State University
Click Fraud | Definition of Click Fraud by Merriam-Webster
FDA: Click Fraud – New York University
Loyalty marketing External links:
Loyalty Marketing in Action – Entrepreneur
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
solutions — Loyalty Marketing | Engagement Marketing
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary …
Duke Underwriting Spot 4 19 17 : KPPP-LP Radio : …
Content management system External links:
MARPHTC Learning Content Management System
Content Management System (CMS) | Baylor University
Baylor Content Management System || Login
Online wallet External links:
OTTOCOIN dot Cash – OTC Online Wallet
Which is the best online wallet to store IOTA? – Quora
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Music On Hold | United States | On-Hold Plus
Advertising agencies External links:
Best 30 Advertising Agencies in Caledonia, WI with …
Franklin, WI Advertising Agencies – Yellowpages.com
Advertising Agencies in Cedarburg, WI – Chamber of …
Social commerce External links:
Sqeeqee – An Open Source Social Commerce Platform …
Social Commerce – Investopedia
Influencer Social Commerce | SOULER
Marketing communications External links:
Home | WVU Integrated Marketing Communications | …
Marketing Communications – Spark451
Yellow Pages External links:
Business Listings from YP. Yellow Pages Online Directory.
White Pages, Yellow Pages Directory
Yellow Pages Online, Phone Book & Business Directory
Do Not Track External links:
Use Do Not Track in Internet Explorer 11 – Windows Help
Online advertising External links:
Google AdWords – PPC Online Advertising to Reach …
Direct marketing External links:
Fulfillment Services – Promotional Products – Direct Marketing
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Automotive Marketing | Digital & Direct Marketing | …
World Wide Web External links:
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
World Wide Web Foundation – Official Site
World Wide Web Consortium – Official Site
Privacy mode External links:
How to turn off privacy mode on Roblox Read desc – …
“Super cookies” track you, even in privacy mode – Jan. …
Vertex Standard eVerge Digital Privacy Mode – YouTube
Cable television External links:
Consumer Rights Regarding Cable Television Service
| Cable Television
Cable Television – Truvista
Behavioral targeting External links:
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targ…
4 Ways Behavioral Targeting Is Changing the Web – Mashable
Personal selling External links:
Personal Selling TUT – Home | Facebook
Personal Selling: Consumer Information – Rutgers …
Personal Selling – Marketing Teacher
Internet Advertising Bureau External links:
See what employees say it’s like to work at Internet Advertising Bureau. Salaries, reviews, and more – all posted by employees working at Internet Advertising Bureau.
Internet Advertising bureau UK (digitaltalent) on Myspace
Sex in advertising External links:
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising …
Objectifying Women: Using Sex in Advertising | …
Examples of sex in advertising for debate – YouTube
Mobile marketing External links:
SimplifiedSMS – Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing …
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
The Mobile Marketing Platform Built for Engagement | …
Promotional mix External links:
Learn About Promotional Mix in Marketing – The Balance
Promotional mix strategy. (VHS tape, 1991) …
The Role of Advertising in a Promotional Mix | Chron.com
Nielsen Media Research External links:
Nielsen Media Research – Official MapQuest
Nielsen Media Research – Login
nielsen media research Careers & Jobs – Monster Jobs
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Comparison shopping website External links:
Best Comparison Shopping Website – …
Mobile commerce External links:
ReplyBuy | Mobile Commerce + Marketing Automation
Mobile Commerce | Masterpass Digital Wallet | …
Search engine results pages External links:
¿Qué son las SERPS (SEARCH ENGINE RESULTS PAGES) ? – YouTube
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 External links:
Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (1991; …
Out-of-home advertising External links:
What is Out-of-Home Advertising? – EMR Graphics
Out-of-Home Advertising Essay – 592 Words – …
Cost per mille External links:
What is Cost Per Mille Advertising (CPM)? – by …
Cost Per Mille (CPM) – Cleverism
cost per mille : definition of cost per mille and …
dictionary.sensagent.com/cost per mille/en-en
Online pharmacy External links:
Online Pharmacy Fedex | BuyMedicineOnline
Cost Of Motilium Online Pharmacy | BuyMedicineOnline
Safe Online Pharmacy Usa | 1stDrugstore
Account-based marketing External links:
The Top 7 Account-Based Marketing Metrics for …
Comparison of HTML 5 and Flash External links:
Comparison Of HTML 5 And Flash Archives · TechCheckDaily
Local search engine optimisation External links:
Top 10 Tips for Local Search Engine Optimisation
Local Search Engine Optimisation Services – Terranova
Local Search Engine Optimisation Services – Terranova
Mobile payment External links:
mPay2Park. The Mobile Payment Solution.
Mobile payment (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Samsung Pay: Mobile Payment App & Digital Wallet | Samsung …
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 External links:
[PDF]CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 – CorpLaw
S.877 – CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 108th Congress (2003-2004)
CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act External links:
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) | …
Search engine marketing External links:
Professional Search Engine Marketing Services | Deluxe
Minnesota Search Engine Marketing Association – MnSearch
Search Engine Marketing Archives – Salesgenie
Content marketing External links:
User-Generated Content Marketing Solution | Yotpo
FMG Suite – Automated Content Marketing for …
Content Marketing University
Internet Marketing External links:
Think Basis – Internet Marketing and Business …
Blue Corona™ – Internet Marketing, SEO & Web …
Softline Solutions – Los Angeles Internet Marketing …
Call centre External links:
Call Centre and Customer Service Jobs Cork, Ireland
Call Centre | Air Arabia
Datablazers Inc. | Your Trusted Data and Call Centre …
Ad blocking External links:
Ad blocking – Pin Eight
Ad Muncher: Free ad blocking for all browsers
Ad server External links:
An Ad Server is a web based tool used by publishers, networks and advertisers to help with ad management, campaign management and ad trafficking. An ad server also provides reporting on ads served on the website.
What is an Ad Server? – Programmatic Advertising …
Facebook’s Atlas Ad Server Report – Business Insider
Business marketing External links:
Small Business Marketing – GKIC
Visual merchandising External links:
Store Fixtures | Retail Displays for Visual Merchandising
Visual Merchandising: How to Display Products In Your …
Affiliate network External links:
ClickAgain Affiliate Network
Pay Per Lead Affiliate Network – Zero Parallel
Millionaire Dating Affiliate Network!