What is involved in BI Platforms
Find out what the related areas are that BI Platforms connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a BI Platforms thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its BI Platforms journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward BI Platforms leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which BI Platforms related domains to cover and 141 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
BI Platforms, Power BI, Business analytics, Business intelligence, Cloud computing, Data discovery, Data mining, Data preparation, Data visualization, Data warehouse, Database administrator, Information technology, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Power Pivot, Software categories, Software developer:
BI Platforms Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over BI Platforms quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Is there a BI Platforms Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does BI Platforms appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is a BI Platforms Team Work effort in place?
Power BI Critical Criteria:
Consider Power BI risks and attract Power BI skills.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that BI Platforms objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How likely is the current BI Platforms plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are current BI Platforms Paradigms?
Business analytics Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business analytics tactics and adjust implementation of Business analytics.
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your BI Platforms activities?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– What are the short and long-term BI Platforms goals?
– What is Effective BI Platforms?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Dissect Business intelligence governance and grade techniques for implementing Business intelligence controls.
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– As we develop increasing numbers of predictive models, then we have to figure out how do you pick the targets, how do you optimize the models?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does your bi solution require weeks of training before new users can analyze data and publish dashboards?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the bi system?
– Does your bi solution require weeks or months to deploy or change?
– How do we use AI algorithms in practical applications?
– What are the best client side analytics tools today?
– What level of training would you recommend?
– What are typical data-mining applications?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What is your expect product life cycle?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Unify Cloud computing failures and explore and align the progress in Cloud computing.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– Is BI Platforms dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Data discovery Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Data discovery outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new BI Platforms in a volatile global economy?
– How do we go about Comparing BI Platforms approaches/solutions?
– Do we have past BI Platforms Successes?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Data mining quality and point out improvements in Data mining.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether BI Platforms goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its BI Platforms processes?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
– Why is BI Platforms important for you now?
Data preparation Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data preparation projects and work towards be a leading Data preparation expert.
– How do your measurements capture actionable BI Platforms information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does BI Platforms analysis show the relationships among important BI Platforms factors?
– How is the value delivered by BI Platforms being measured?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Data visualization management and gather practices for scaling Data visualization.
– What are our best practices for minimizing BI Platforms project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the BI Platforms project lifecycle?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Do we monitor the BI Platforms decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Guard Data warehouse leadership and find the essential reading for Data warehouse researchers.
– Will BI Platforms have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– What are specific BI Platforms Rules to follow?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
Database administrator Critical Criteria:
Gauge Database administrator results and find the essential reading for Database administrator researchers.
– Do the BI Platforms decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Information technology leadership and observe effective Information technology.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which BI Platforms models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– What business benefits will BI Platforms goals deliver if achieved?
Microsoft Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Microsoft leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Microsoft strategies.
– We keep records about our employees; partners and their employees from around the world. Records are stored on servers in the USA using SAP and Microsoft Cloud (not sure where these MS Cloud servers are located). What are our duties to protect data when servers are out of our reach?
– Can the Exchange define how First Call Resolution will be calculated, and how a resolvable call is distinguished from a nonresolvable call?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– Is the installed memory sufficient, based on installation recommendations?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– How many current users will maintain and access the CRM program?
– Are the Microsoft Dynamics CRM authentication credentials valid?
– What are the basic activities of customer life-cycle management?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What are Pros and Cons of the CRM system that you are using?
– Do you know which customers give you the best business?
– How do we currently collect and process our data?
– How do customers communicate with you?
– What benefits do you want out of CRM?
– Do clients always buy the same thing?
– What system will the data come from?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Categorize Microsoft Azure engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– what is the best design framework for BI Platforms organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of BI Platforms activities?
– Why should we adopt a BI Platforms framework?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Microsoft Excel quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Microsoft Excel and constraints.
– For your BI Platforms project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations BI Platforms values?
– When a BI Platforms manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Analyze Microsoft Windows adoptions and ask what if.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with BI Platforms ?
– Have the types of risks that may impact BI Platforms been identified and analyzed?
– Do we all define BI Platforms in the same way?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Operating system risks and describe which business rules are needed as Operating system interface.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding BI Platforms?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– To what extent does management recognize BI Platforms as a tool to increase the results?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Power Pivot Critical Criteria:
Merge Power Pivot leadership and be persistent.
– What vendors make products that address the BI Platforms needs?
– What are all of our BI Platforms domains and what do they do?
– What are the barriers to increased BI Platforms production?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Consider Software categories adoptions and maintain Software categories for success.
– What is the source of the strategies for BI Platforms strengthening and reform?
– How do we maintain BI Platformss Integrity?
– What threat is BI Platforms addressing?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Depict Software developer leadership and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Software developer results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of BI Platforms product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Are we Assessing BI Platforms and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the BI Platforms Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Power BI External links:
Home – Microsoft Power BI Community
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Business analytics External links:
Business Analytics. Data Science. Data Management. – …
Power BI Business Analytics Solutions
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
LayerStack – Comprehensive suite of cloud computing …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Data discovery External links:
Data Discovery – Information Builders
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Project Title: Data Mining to Improve Water Management
Job Titles in Data Mining – kdnuggets.com
Data preparation External links:
Data Preparation for Analytics – RMIT University
Data Preparation – Social Research Methods
[PDF]Data Preparation Checklist – SIUE
Data visualization External links:
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
QuickBooks Data Visualization And Business Intelligence
What is data visualization? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Data warehouse External links:
20 Best Title:(data Warehouse Manager) jobs (with …
Database administrator External links:
[PDF]CLASS TITLE: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – …
Database Administrator (DBA) Salary
[PDF]Title: Database Administrator Reports To: Director …
Information technology External links:
IUanyWare | University Information Technology Services
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
Microsoft External links:
Microsoft (@Microsoft) | Twitter
Microsoft Security Advisory 3033929
What is Microsoft Forms? – Office Support
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Microsoft Azure IoT Device Catalog
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Operating system External links:
nCino Bank Operating System
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
Operating System and Browser warning
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software Developer Salary – PayScale