What is involved in Enterprise Information Security Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Security Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Security Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Security Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Security Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Security Architecture related domains to cover and 127 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture, Asynchronous communication, Best practices, Business operations, Configuration management database, Enterprise Cybersecurity, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise architecture planning, Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architecture, Financial institutions, Information assurance, Information security, Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments, Management science, Organizational chart, Service-Oriented Modeling, Service-oriented architecture, Technology roadmaps, Zachman Framework:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture Critical Criteria:
Jump start Enterprise Information Security Architecture quality and describe which business rules are needed as Enterprise Information Security Architecture interface.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Information Security Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Do we have past Enterprise Information Security Architecture Successes?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Asynchronous communication governance and arbitrate Asynchronous communication techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Information Security Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Information Security Architecture project?
– Who sets the Enterprise Information Security Architecture standards?
Best practices Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Best practices engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Best practices.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Information Security Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Information Security Architecture project lifecycle?
– What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
– Will Enterprise Information Security Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– What best practices are relevant to your itsm initiative?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– What best practices are relevant to your ITSM initiative?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business operations risks and know what your objective is.
– Is there a Enterprise Information Security Architecture Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– How do we Improve Enterprise Information Security Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Categorize Configuration management database governance and reduce Configuration management database costs.
– Do those selected for the Enterprise Information Security Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Enterprise Information Security Architecture is all about?
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– Why is Enterprise Information Security Architecture important for you now?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– Are there design changes associated with the proposed change?
– What types of status accounting reports are to be generated?
– What are valid performance indicators for the service desk?
– What is the difference between a problem and a known error?
– Interdisciplinary review of proposed change complete?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Is a usq review required for the proposed change?
– Why is sacm so hard to implement and organize?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Are all other required reviews complete?
– Does the change involve a usq?
– What work is involved?
Enterprise Cybersecurity Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Enterprise Cybersecurity engagements and correct better engagement with Enterprise Cybersecurity results.
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise Information Security Architecture factors?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise Information Security Architecture project?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Information Security Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Enterprise architecture planning and find answers.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Enterprise Information Security Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– What is our formula for success in Enterprise Information Security Architecture ?
– Have all basic functions of Enterprise Information Security Architecture been defined?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture planning Critical Criteria:
Match Enterprise architecture planning visions and look in other fields.
– Consider your own Enterprise Information Security Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework leadership and look at the big picture.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Enterprise Information Security Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Enterprise Information Security Architecture objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased Enterprise Information Security Architecture production?
Federal Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Debate over Federal Enterprise Architecture planning and find the ideas you already have.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Enterprise Information Security Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Which Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals are the most important?
– Do we all define Enterprise Information Security Architecture in the same way?
Financial institutions Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Financial institutions management and customize techniques for implementing Financial institutions controls.
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Think of your Enterprise Information Security Architecture project. what are the main functions?
– Is Supporting Enterprise Information Security Architecture documentation required?
– Is Enterprise Information Security Architecture Required?
– Why are financial institutions interested in DLTs?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Information assurance planning and research ways can we become the Information assurance company that would put us out of business.
– When a Enterprise Information Security Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
– How can the value of Enterprise Information Security Architecture be defined?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Survey Information security management and test out new things.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Is mgmt able to determine whether security activities delegated to people or implemented by information security are performing as expected?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments Critical Criteria:
Administer Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments governance and integrate design thinking in Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments innovation.
– Is maximizing Enterprise Information Security Architecture protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Information Security Architecture loss?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Information Security Architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How would one define Enterprise Information Security Architecture leadership?
Management science Critical Criteria:
Investigate Management science quality and overcome Management science skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Information Security Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Information Security Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Securing Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Read up on Organizational chart issues and intervene in Organizational chart processes and leadership.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Information Security Architecture process?
– How likely is the current Enterprise Information Security Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Information Security Architecture ?
Service-Oriented Modeling Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Service-Oriented Modeling management and differentiate in coordinating Service-Oriented Modeling.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Information Security Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise Information Security Architecture clearly defined?
– How do we go about Comparing Enterprise Information Security Architecture approaches/solutions?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Service-oriented architecture failures and find the ideas you already have.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise Information Security Architecture project manager?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Information Security Architecture project has been successful?
– What is Effective Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
Technology roadmaps Critical Criteria:
Adapt Technology roadmaps outcomes and report on developing an effective Technology roadmaps strategy.
– Is the Enterprise Information Security Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How will you measure your Enterprise Information Security Architecture effectiveness?
Zachman Framework Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Zachman Framework results and devote time assessing Zachman Framework and its risk.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Information Security Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Security Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Asynchronous communication External links:
What is an example of asynchronous communication – …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Asynchronous Communication
Best practices External links:
[PDF]Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices
Best Practices – Independence Title
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
Business operations External links:
How much does a business operations manager make?
Business Operations Manager Jobs, Employment | …
U.S. Forest Service – Business Operations
Configuration management database External links:
Critical Capabilities for Configuration Management Database
ITIL CMDB, Configuration Management Database, Help …
Enterprise Cybersecurity External links:
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise architecture planning External links:
[DOC]DOIT Enterprise Architecture Planning Project – Kevin …
Federal Enterprise Architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
[PDF]Federal Enterprise Architecture and E-Government: …
Financial institutions External links:
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Top 50 US Financial Institutions | Economy Watch
Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
Information assurance External links:
Title Information Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
Information Assurance Training Center
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Management science External links:
Management Science on JSTOR
Management Science – Official Site
Management science (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
Organizational chart External links:
Organizational Chart – The State Bar of California Home Page
Organizational Chart :: Washington State Department of …
Organizational Chart | United States Department of Labor
Service-Oriented Modeling External links:
SERVICE-ORIENTED MODELING – AN ANALYTICAL …
[PDF]Service-Oriented Modeling Framework (SOMF) Patterns
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, Part 1
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Technology roadmaps External links:
Connector Technology Roadmaps< www.connectorsupplier.com/connector-technology-roadmaps
Technology Roadmaps | Department of Energy
Zachman Framework External links:
Zachman Framework Flashcards | Quizlet
SOA and the Zachman Framework – Dovel Technologies
The Zachman Framework: An Introduction | TDAN.com