What is involved in SQL Server
Find out what the related areas are that SQL Server connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SQL Server thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SQL Server 2017 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SQL Server 2017 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SQL Server related domains to cover and 12 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SQL Server, Database server, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase SQL Server:
SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Consider SQL Server outcomes and spearhead techniques for implementing SQL Server.
– How can you negotiate SQL Server successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– What about SQL Server Analysis of results?
– Are we Assessing SQL Server and Risk?
Database server Critical Criteria:
Adapt Database server results and proactively manage Database server risks.
– Will SQL Server have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing SQL Server?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Gauge Microsoft SQL Server tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Microsoft SQL Server skills.
– How do your measurements capture actionable SQL Server information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the long-term SQL Server goals?
Sybase SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Sybase SQL Server visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Sybase SQL Server.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving SQL Server forward?
– Will SQL Server deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How to Secure SQL Server?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SQL Server 2017 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SQL Server External links:
SQL Server Protocols – msdn.microsoft.com
MSSQLTips – SQL Server Tips, Techniques and Articles
Advancor Database Compare for Microsoft SQL Server 2016
Database server External links:
Installing MySQL Database Server on Windows 7 – ThoughtCo
What is Database Server? Webopedia Definition
Advantage Database Server (ADS) 12 Evaluation Edition
Microsoft SQL Server External links:
How to create a new database in Microsoft SQL Server
TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server
Katie and Emil – Microsoft SQL Server BI Online Training
Sybase SQL Server External links:
Sybase SQL server and Replication server on one NT box
VDict – Definition of Sybase SQL Server