What is involved in IBM MQ
Find out what the related areas are that IBM MQ connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IBM MQ thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM MQ journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM MQ leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IBM MQ related domains to cover and 103 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IBM MQ, IBM WebSphere MQ, .NET Framework, Advanced Message Queuing Protocol, Binary file, Communications protocol, Computer network, Dead letter queue, Distributed computing, High Availability, IBM AIX, IBM RPG, IBM System i, IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, Java Message Service, Mainframe computer, Message-oriented middleware, Message Queuing as a Service, Message queue, Microsoft Windows, Middleware analyst, Service-oriented architecture, Telecommunications Access Method, Transaction Processing Facility, Unisys OS 2200 operating system, Web Services, Web service, Windows PowerShell:
IBM MQ Critical Criteria:
Value IBM MQ engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IBM MQ.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that IBM MQ objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the usability implications of IBM MQ actions?
IBM WebSphere MQ Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct IBM WebSphere MQ engagements and forecast involvement of future IBM WebSphere MQ projects in development.
– For your IBM MQ project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a IBM MQ strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What potential environmental factors impact the IBM MQ effort?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Debate over .NET Framework quality and grade techniques for implementing .NET Framework controls.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about IBM MQ. How do we gain traction?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed IBM MQ opportunities costing us money?
– How do we know that any IBM MQ analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Advanced Message Queuing Protocol Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Advanced Message Queuing Protocol governance and explore and align the progress in Advanced Message Queuing Protocol.
– Does IBM MQ include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of IBM MQ moving forward?
– How can skill-level changes improve IBM MQ?
Binary file Critical Criteria:
Adapt Binary file tasks and triple focus on important concepts of Binary file relationship management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing IBM MQ? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is IBM MQ dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this IBM MQ move?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Model after Communications protocol tactics and be persistent.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the IBM MQ process?
– How do we go about Comparing IBM MQ approaches/solutions?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Computer network results and stake your claim.
– What management system can we use to leverage the IBM MQ experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving IBM MQ forward?
Dead letter queue Critical Criteria:
Survey Dead letter queue outcomes and define Dead letter queue competency-based leadership.
– What are the short and long-term IBM MQ goals?
– How can the value of IBM MQ be defined?
– How do we maintain IBM MQs Integrity?
Distributed computing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Distributed computing governance and intervene in Distributed computing processes and leadership.
– What are the key elements of your IBM MQ performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our IBM MQ agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is maximizing IBM MQ protection the same as minimizing IBM MQ loss?
High Availability Critical Criteria:
Examine High Availability failures and interpret which customers can’t participate in High Availability because they lack skills.
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if IBM MQ does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– Does IBM MQ create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the IBM MQ organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IBM AIX Critical Criteria:
Nurse IBM AIX issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of IBM AIX.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your IBM MQ processes?
– Which IBM MQ goals are the most important?
IBM RPG Critical Criteria:
Categorize IBM RPG decisions and learn.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with IBM MQ ?
– Have all basic functions of IBM MQ been defined?
– How will you measure your IBM MQ effectiveness?
IBM System i Critical Criteria:
Understand IBM System i decisions and transcribe IBM System i as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your IBM MQ strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Which customers cant participate in our IBM MQ domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a IBM MQ study?
IBM WebSphere Critical Criteria:
Meet over IBM WebSphere failures and integrate design thinking in IBM WebSphere innovation.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of IBM MQ?
– Are assumptions made in IBM MQ stated explicitly?
– What are specific IBM MQ Rules to follow?
IBM WebSphere Message Broker Critical Criteria:
Learn from IBM WebSphere Message Broker engagements and test out new things.
– How important is IBM MQ to the user organizations mission?
Java Message Service Critical Criteria:
Analyze Java Message Service planning and sort Java Message Service activities.
– Are there IBM MQ problems defined?
– What is our IBM MQ Strategy?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Group Mainframe computer planning and plan concise Mainframe computer education.
– what is the best design framework for IBM MQ organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the disruptive IBM MQ technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can we do IBM MQ without complex (expensive) analysis?
Message-oriented middleware Critical Criteria:
Mine Message-oriented middleware projects and handle a jump-start course to Message-oriented middleware.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this IBM MQ process?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its IBM MQ processes?
Message Queuing as a Service Critical Criteria:
Derive from Message Queuing as a Service outcomes and ask what if.
– Can we add value to the current IBM MQ decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can we improve IBM MQ?
Message queue Critical Criteria:
Mix Message queue tactics and report on developing an effective Message queue strategy.
– How do we Improve IBM MQ service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Securing IBM MQ?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Participate in Microsoft Windows visions and probe the present value of growth of Microsoft Windows.
– In what ways are IBM MQ vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How likely is the current IBM MQ plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Middleware analyst Critical Criteria:
Grade Middleware analyst strategies and find out.
– Will IBM MQ deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are there IBM MQ Models?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Infer Service-oriented architecture tactics and find answers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your IBM MQ project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as IBM MQ leaders?
– How can you measure IBM MQ in a systematic way?
Telecommunications Access Method Critical Criteria:
Grasp Telecommunications Access Method planning and do something to it.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether IBM MQ goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do the IBM MQ decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Transaction Processing Facility Critical Criteria:
Add value to Transaction Processing Facility planning and adjust implementation of Transaction Processing Facility.
– Are there recognized IBM MQ problems?
– How much does IBM MQ help?
Unisys OS 2200 operating system Critical Criteria:
Review Unisys OS 2200 operating system issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Unisys OS 2200 operating system information.
– Is there a IBM MQ Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Think of your IBM MQ project. what are the main functions?
– Do we all define IBM MQ in the same way?
Web Services Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Web Services outcomes and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Web Services projects.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which IBM MQ models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once IBM MQ is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Why are IBM MQ skills important?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Web service visions and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once IBM MQ is underway?
– What are internal and external IBM MQ relations?
Windows PowerShell Critical Criteria:
Jump start Windows PowerShell risks and be persistent.
– Do IBM MQ rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM MQ Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IBM MQ External links:
This SupportPac provides IBM MQ Explorer as a standalone application.
IBM Closed APARs for IBM MQ for z/OS v8.0.0 – …
IBM MQ Engineer – Eclaro International
IBM MQ on AWS – Quick Start
IBM WebSphere MQ External links:
IBM WebSphere MQ self help – Common …
IBM WebSphere MQ – IBM – United States
IBM WebSphere MQ – YouTube
Advanced Message Queuing Protocol External links:
[PDF]AMQP Advanced Message Queuing Protocol – Red …
advanced message queuing protocol : definition of …
dictionary.sensagent.com/advanced message queuing protocol/en-en
[PDF]Advanced Message Queuing Protocol Specification
Binary file External links:
Write data to binary file – MATLAB fwrite – MathWorks
ARCHIVED: In Unix, how do I uuencode a binary file?
Communications protocol External links:
What is Communications Protocol? Webopedia Definition
Safety Communications Protocol – xavier.edu
[PDF]The JT65 Communications Protocol
Computer network External links:
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
How to find my computer network name – Mil …
Dead letter queue External links:
Dead letter queue – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Dead letter queue
Dead letter Queue Listener |JBoss Developer
Websphere MQ provides the Dead Letter Queue (DLQ) Handler Utility to process undelivered messages, and it can be implemented as a …
docs/dead-letter-queues.md at master · dotnet/docs · GitHub
Distributed computing External links:
Title Distributed Computing Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Distributed Computing – Springer
What is distributed computing? – Definition from WhatIs.com
High Availability External links:
FlashGrid | Database High Availability Simplified
Learn SQL Server High Availability & Disaster …
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & …
IBM AIX External links:
CIS IBM AIX Benchmark – CIS Center for Internet Security
IBM AIX OS levels supported by XL Compilers – United …
IBM RPG External links:
IBM RPG Subfile Example with Record Selection – …
RPG is a high-level programming language for business applications. RPG is an IBM proprietary programming language and its later versions are available only on IBM i- or OS/400-based systems. It has a long history, having been developed by IBM in 1959 as the Report Program Generator – a tool to replicate punched card processing on the IBM 1401 then updated to RPG II for the IBM System/3 in the late 1960s, and since evolved into an HLL equivalent to COBOL and PL/I.
IBM System i External links:
ADM960_Col10_2013_Title | Ibm System I | Transport …
How to call a stored procedure in IBM System i Access …
IBM System I
IBM WebSphere External links:
IBM WebSphere Portal – Virginia Medicaid Web Portal
IBM WebSphere Application Server (eBook, 2003) …
ibm websphere message broker jobs | Dice.com
IBM WebSphere Message Broker External links:
IBM WebSphere Message Broker Information Center
IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0 Information
ibm websphere message broker jobs | Dice.com
Java Message Service External links:
Enabling Java Message Service (JMS) trace for …
Write Java Message Service programs using WebSphere …
The Java Message Service – PESG
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
What is the name of the first mainframe computer? A) …
Message-oriented middleware External links:
messaging – What is message-oriented middleware? – …
Concourse – TMS: Powerful Message-Oriented Middleware
Message Queuing as a Service External links:
Message queue External links:
What is a Message Queue? – Amazon Web Services …
Microsoft Windows External links:
Creating a Password Reset Disk in Microsoft Windows …
Middleware analyst External links:
Sr. Middleware Analyst Resume Example (Baptist …
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Transaction Processing Facility External links:
IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility
Unisys OS 2200 operating system External links:
Unisys OS 2200 operating system | AskJot
Unisys OS 2200 operating system
Web Services External links:
Employee Web Services for Abila MIP Log On Window
Temporary Disability Insurance Web Services – LWD …
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Web service External links:
WebRouter Web Service – IBM
What is Web services (application services)? – Definitio…
Windows PowerShell External links:
The Get-Window cmdlet for Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell: HTML Reports in PowerShell | …