What is involved in Application Portfolio Management
Find out what the related areas are that Application Portfolio Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Portfolio Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Portfolio Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Portfolio Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Portfolio Management related domains to cover and 89 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Portfolio Management, Active Server Pages, Application software, Application store, Cabinet, Dynamic Link Library, Excel spreadsheet, Financial portfolio, Forrester Research, IT portfolio management, Information technology, Legacy system, Microsoft Excel, Mobile application, Return on Investment, Service-oriented architecture, Software component, Web service, Zip file:
Application Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
Merge Application Portfolio Management planning and explore and align the progress in Application Portfolio Management.
– How do we know that any Application Portfolio Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Application Portfolio Management been identified and analyzed?
– How can the value of Application Portfolio Management be defined?
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Active Server Pages failures and slay a dragon.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Application Portfolio Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application Portfolio Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there Application Portfolio Management problems defined?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Meet over Application software results and proactively manage Application software risks.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Application Portfolio Management in a volatile global economy?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Who sets the Application Portfolio Management standards?
– What is Effective Application Portfolio Management?
Application store Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Application store engagements and get going.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Application Portfolio Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Application Portfolio Management?
Cabinet Critical Criteria:
Categorize Cabinet quality and define Cabinet competency-based leadership.
– Are media storing data (e.g. dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Do we monitor the Application Portfolio Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Think of your Application Portfolio Management project. what are the main functions?
– How do we Improve Application Portfolio Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Dynamic Link Library Critical Criteria:
Participate in Dynamic Link Library decisions and report on developing an effective Dynamic Link Library strategy.
– What is the purpose of Application Portfolio Management in relation to the mission?
– Is Supporting Application Portfolio Management documentation required?
– Why should we adopt a Application Portfolio Management framework?
Excel spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Excel spreadsheet tactics and gather practices for scaling Excel spreadsheet.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Application Portfolio Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do those selected for the Application Portfolio Management team have a good general understanding of what Application Portfolio Management is all about?
– What business benefits will Application Portfolio Management goals deliver if achieved?
Financial portfolio Critical Criteria:
Design Financial portfolio failures and devote time assessing Financial portfolio and its risk.
– How do we manage Application Portfolio Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is there any existing Application Portfolio Management governance structure?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Probe Forrester Research strategies and get answers.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Application Portfolio Management opportunities costing us money?
– What are the usability implications of Application Portfolio Management actions?
– Have all basic functions of Application Portfolio Management been defined?
IT portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Distinguish IT portfolio management decisions and change contexts.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Application Portfolio Management processes?
– Does our organization need more Application Portfolio Management education?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Scan Information technology risks and find answers.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Is the scope of Application Portfolio Management defined?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Value Legacy system failures and intervene in Legacy system processes and leadership.
– What percentage of operations and maintenance engineers time is spent accessing legacy and miscellaneous electronic files and making them readable by in-house systems?
– How can you create a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
– Are there technological or capacity constraints from the legacy systems that would mandate or preclude real-time integration with the system?
– How long will the manufacturer support applications and what is the manufacturers history of support for legacy appliances?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What is the definitive data collection and what is the legacy of said collection?
– What are the main practical motivations behind legacy migrations to the cloud?
– Should there be a complete replacement of legacy mainframes and applications?
– What does our path forward look like for the legacy devices?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– Do procedures exist that formalize the activity execution?
– Is there a defined process model and is it followed?
– How many constraints affect the productivity?
– Do we have the right skills and resources?
– What executive guidance do we have?
– Is the Client source identified?
– When will Java be obsolete?
– How broken is SIP and why?
– Farewell to waterfalls?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Derive from Microsoft Excel outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Application Portfolio Management with what users do day-to-day?
– How to deal with Application Portfolio Management Changes?
Mobile application Critical Criteria:
Coach on Mobile application outcomes and optimize Mobile application leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the barriers to increased Application Portfolio Management production?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Return on Investment decisions and summarize a clear Return on Investment focus.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application Portfolio Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application Portfolio Management objectives?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What threat is Application Portfolio Management addressing?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer re Service-oriented architecture decisions and describe the risks of Service-oriented architecture sustainability.
– Do the Application Portfolio Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does the Application Portfolio Management task fit the clients priorities?
Software component Critical Criteria:
Align Software component quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Software component.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Application Portfolio Management is underway?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– Which Application Portfolio Management goals are the most important?
– What are current Application Portfolio Management Paradigms?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Refer to Web service planning and get the big picture.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Portfolio Management that make it risky?
– Is Application Portfolio Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How do we go about Securing Application Portfolio Management?
Zip file Critical Criteria:
Unify Zip file results and probe the present value of growth of Zip file.
– What are the disruptive Application Portfolio Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Application Portfolio Management effort?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Portfolio Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Portfolio Management External links:
[PDF]Application Portfolio Management (APM) – Avolution
Active Server Pages External links:
What exactly are Active Server Pages? – …
Microsoft Active Server Pages: Frequently Asked Questions
How to Ping using Active Server Pages – …
Application software External links:
Application Software for Secondary Mortgage Management
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
What is Application Software? – Definition from Techopedia
Application store External links:
DeviceHQ® | Device Management and Application Store
Allscripts Application Store
Cabinet External links:
See shopping results for cabinet
Cabinet Doors Depot – Official Site
Dynamic Link Library External links:
What Is a DLL File? (Dynamic Link Library) – Lifewire
Excel spreadsheet External links:
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group – Free Online Tutorials
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group
Financial portfolio External links:
Build A Financial Portfolio to Meet Your Financial Goals
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
Forrester Research · Forrester
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |Logging in to CatMail
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Information Technology Services – UTMail
Legacy system External links:
Legacy System Catalog – Implant Direct
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel 2016, Spreadsheet Software, Excel Free Trial
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel spreadsheets
Mobile application External links:
Safeway Mobile Application
The Home Depot Mobile Application
USO Mobile Application · United Service Organizations
Return on Investment External links:
How To Calculate A Return On Investment – Business Insider
Return on Investment (ROI) – Formula and Calculator
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
Software component External links:
Software Component Integration Testing | NIST
What is a software component? | Software Architecture
Web based itrezzo Self Service Update software component
Web service External links:
kumo cloud™ Mobile App and Web Service for HVAC Control
Yoder Heritage Day | YoderKansas.com | Yoder Web Service
Zip file External links:
Compress and uncompress files (zip files) – Windows Help