What is involved in IoT
Find out what the related areas are that IoT connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IoT thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Assemble Your IoT Business Solution journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Assemble Your IoT Business Solution leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IoT related domains to cover and 55 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IoT, Belgian railway signalling, British Indian Ocean Territory, Illuminates of Thanateros, Inductive output tube, Institute of Transportation, Internet of things, Interoperability testing:
IoT Critical Criteria:
Disseminate IoT risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Consider your own IoT project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Fog networking: how to connect every component of the fog at large scale, such as IoT?
– What are the key showtoppers which will prevent or slow down IoT applications raise?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an iot ethical charter?
– Will IoT or industrial internet-of-things (iiot) be another bubble?
– Has your organization established leadership for its IoT efforts?
– Can I live with the built-in capabilities of the IoT platforms?
– What startups are focused on the Internet of Things IoT?
– Why should enterprise it departments care about IoT?
– How can the RoI of IoT applications be assessed and measured?
– How fast is IoT becoming important for us?
– Why Do we Need an IoT Platform?
– Why should we learn about IoT?
– What are the disruptive aspects of IoT?
– What does iiot mean to us?
– How to define the iot?
Belgian railway signalling Critical Criteria:
Learn from Belgian railway signalling planning and adjust implementation of Belgian railway signalling.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if IoT does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How to deal with IoT Changes?
British Indian Ocean Territory Critical Criteria:
Be clear about British Indian Ocean Territory tactics and transcribe British Indian Ocean Territory as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can you negotiate IoT successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether IoT goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of IoT?
Illuminates of Thanateros Critical Criteria:
X-ray Illuminates of Thanateros risks and secure Illuminates of Thanateros creativity.
– Is the IoT organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we measure improved IoT service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can skill-level changes improve IoT?
Inductive output tube Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Inductive output tube management and triple focus on important concepts of Inductive output tube relationship management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of IoT product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– When a IoT manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How can the value of IoT be defined?
Institute of Transportation Critical Criteria:
Discuss Institute of Transportation leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Institute of Transportation decisions.
– How do mission and objectives affect the IoT processes of our organization?
– Do the IoT decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Audit Internet of things governance and arbitrate Internet of things techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What types of service platforms are required to deploy event driven applications and to make possible dynamic adaptation of service platforms or application to insertion of sensors with new classes of capabilities?
– Does the internet of things need a scale-of-blame to help manage security incidents during the years until technology solves the security problem?
– How will the business operate in the event of a communication or a system component failure?
– How to re-issue the secrete key to the device again in case of key leakage to third party?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– Disaster Recovery Site–what happens if Contractors server is destroyed?
– Does our system use roles to assign privileges to users of the system?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– Who is making significant investments in the Internet of Things?
– How can the RoI of IoT applications be assessed and measured?
– Does the system evolve toward a stable mix of agent types?
– What are the best examples of the Internet of things?
– How will the Internet of Things affect the Smartgrid?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– Does our security contain security theater?
– How can we implement Internet of things?
– Agent-based modeling: A revolution?
– How are the networks changing?
Interoperability testing Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Interoperability testing tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Interoperability testing interface.
– Does IoT appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Why should we adopt a IoT framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Assemble Your IoT Business Solution Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IoT External links:
iot title | Internet Of Things | Energy Harvesting
Belgian railway signalling External links:
Belgian railway signalling – 21pw.com
Belgian railway signalling – update.revolvy.com
update.revolvy.com/topic/Belgian railway signalling
British Indian Ocean Territory External links:
Governance | British Indian Ocean Territory
British Indian Ocean Territory
Illuminates of Thanateros External links:
Illuminates of Thanateros North America
Illuminates of Thanateros (IOT) – the MYSTICA
Inductive output tube External links:
Inductive output tube – YouTube
[PDF]Prospects for an Inductive Output Tube (IOT) Based …
Institute of Transportation External links:
MEMBERSHIP – Institute of Transportation Engineers — ITE
UC Irvine Institute of Transportation Studies – Official Site
UCLA Institute of Transportation Studies
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
Interoperability testing External links:
Interoperability Testing Home – Sonus
Interoperability Testing | GENBAND
Interoperability Testing in Software Testing – Meet …