What is involved in Chief information security officer
Find out what the related areas are that Chief information security officer connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Chief information security officer thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Chief information security officer journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Chief information security officer leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Chief information security officer related domains to cover and 233 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Chief information security officer, Chief human resources officer, Holistic Information Security Practitioner, Chief data officer, Information technology controls, Chief sustainability officer, Chief risk officer, Chief audit executive, Chief business officer, Business continuity management, Board of Directors, Data Protection Act 1998, Chief creative officer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief networking officer, Chief information security officer, Chief brand officer, Regulatory compliance, Information risk management, Chief design officer, Chief managing director, Identity and access management, Chief Information Officer, Information privacy, Chief procurement officer, Chief investment officer, Information assurance, Chief communications officer, Chief content officer, General manager, Computer emergency response team, Chief experience officer, Information security operations center, Vice president, Chief security officer, Chief knowledge officer, Chief innovation officer, Chief revenue officer, Talent management, Creative director, General counsel, ISO/IEC 27001, Non-executive director, Chief analytics officer, Security architecture, Senior management, Supervisory board, Chief quality officer, Disaster recovery, Chief technology officer, Corporate , Chief research officer, Information security management, Chief administrative officer, Executive director, Chief marketing officer, PCI DSS, Information technology, Chief learning officer, Chief visionary officer, Information security governance, Chief operating officer, Digital forensics, Chief science officer, Chief compliance officer, Chief digital officer, Chief financial officer, Chief privacy officer, Chief web officer, Chief commercial officer, Chief product officer:
Chief information security officer Critical Criteria:
Detail Chief information security officer tactics and overcome Chief information security officer skills and management ineffectiveness.
– what is the best design framework for Chief information security officer organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the key elements of your Chief information security officer performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Which customers cant participate in our Chief information security officer domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
Chief human resources officer Critical Criteria:
Nurse Chief human resources officer engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Chief human resources officer.
– Does Chief information security officer analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Think of your Chief information security officer project. what are the main functions?
Holistic Information Security Practitioner Critical Criteria:
Explore Holistic Information Security Practitioner engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Chief information security officer analysis show the relationships among important Chief information security officer factors?
– Is there a Chief information security officer Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Which Chief information security officer goals are the most important?
Chief data officer Critical Criteria:
Guide Chief data officer visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What is the purpose of Chief information security officer in relation to the mission?
– What business benefits will Chief information security officer goals deliver if achieved?
– What are our Chief information security officer Processes?
Information technology controls Critical Criteria:
Meet over Information technology controls planning and display thorough understanding of the Information technology controls process.
– Do Chief information security officer rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are internal and external Chief information security officer relations?
– Are there Chief information security officer problems defined?
Chief sustainability officer Critical Criteria:
Pilot Chief sustainability officer tactics and forecast involvement of future Chief sustainability officer projects in development.
– Is the scope of Chief information security officer defined?
Chief risk officer Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Chief risk officer tactics and optimize Chief risk officer leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Chief information security officer, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think about the functions involved in your Chief information security officer project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Chief information security officer activities?
Chief audit executive Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Chief audit executive management and differentiate in coordinating Chief audit executive.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Chief information security officer forward?
– How do we manage Chief information security officer Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Supporting Chief information security officer documentation required?
Chief business officer Critical Criteria:
Systematize Chief business officer projects and transcribe Chief business officer as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Chief information security officer product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Chief information security officer project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Chief information security officer delivery for example is new software needed?
Business continuity management Critical Criteria:
Canvass Business continuity management tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– Does Chief information security officer include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Chief information security officer workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Board of Directors Critical Criteria:
Own Board of Directors adoptions and achieve a single Board of Directors view and bringing data together.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Chief information security officer study?
– How do we Identify specific Chief information security officer investment and emerging trends?
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
Data Protection Act 1998 Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data Protection Act 1998 visions and reduce Data Protection Act 1998 costs.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Chief information security officer project?
– How can the value of Chief information security officer be defined?
Chief creative officer Critical Criteria:
Examine Chief creative officer engagements and probe the present value of growth of Chief creative officer.
– Can we add value to the current Chief information security officer decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– When a Chief information security officer manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is a Chief information security officer Team Work effort in place?
Chief Executive Officer Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Chief Executive Officer quality and observe effective Chief Executive Officer.
– What are the business goals Chief information security officer is aiming to achieve?
– How can we improve Chief information security officer?
Chief networking officer Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Chief networking officer leadership and shift your focus.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Chief information security officer move?
– Why should we adopt a Chief information security officer framework?
– How much does Chief information security officer help?
Chief information security officer Critical Criteria:
Confer re Chief information security officer management and proactively manage Chief information security officer risks.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Chief information security officer strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Among the Chief information security officer product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Chief brand officer Critical Criteria:
Trace Chief brand officer visions and work towards be a leading Chief brand officer expert.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Chief information security officer?
– How do we Lead with Chief information security officer in Mind?
– Are we Assessing Chief information security officer and Risk?
Regulatory compliance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Regulatory compliance strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Regulatory compliance projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Chief information security officer project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Chief information security officer experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– How do we know that any Chief information security officer analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
Information risk management Critical Criteria:
Map Information risk management goals and revise understanding of Information risk management architectures.
– What is the source of the strategies for Chief information security officer strengthening and reform?
– How is the value delivered by Chief information security officer being measured?
– Why is Chief information security officer important for you now?
Chief design officer Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Chief design officer tactics and sort Chief design officer activities.
– How will you know that the Chief information security officer project has been successful?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Chief information security officer?
– Do we all define Chief information security officer in the same way?
Chief managing director Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Chief managing director results and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Chief managing director.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Chief information security officer?
– Who needs to know about Chief information security officer ?
Identity and access management Critical Criteria:
Devise Identity and access management decisions and probe Identity and access management strategic alliances.
– For audit tracking, state the level of the granularity needed – do you just need to know that someone logged in and out, or do you need to know what screens or records or fields were accessed?
– Does our vendor have an efficient, working partner network that can quickly deliver specialized services around the deployment and operation of the iga products?
– Are user identities and their access rights misaligned with the access rights necessary for the user identity to perform its functional responsibilities?
– Are Forensic investigations of security incidents possible, for example, who accessed my application yesterday at 2 AM?
– Can the organization demonstrate that only appropriate people have access to information?
– Maintain the integrity of audit logs through self-protection and limited auditor access?
– How are password policies established, and are they sufficient for the organization?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– Has the usec/iam team finished impact analysis testing with intended results?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Should we call it role based rule based access control, or rbrbac?
– How much are manual compliance controls costing your organization?
– Does repeatable and reliable reconciliation occur?
– How do I manage users SaaS accounts and access?
– Without hard numbers, how do you justify?
– How are groups identified by users?
– Why do we need access management?
– Are there any orphaned accounts?
– Who is responsible for am?
– Who has access to what?
Chief Information Officer Critical Criteria:
Analyze Chief Information Officer planning and overcome Chief Information Officer skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Chief information security officer effort?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Information privacy management and balance specific methods for improving Information privacy results.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Chief information security officer process?
Chief procurement officer Critical Criteria:
Survey Chief procurement officer governance and maintain Chief procurement officer for success.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Chief information security officer. How do we gain traction?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Chief information security officer project manager?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Chief information security officer Management?
Chief investment officer Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Chief investment officer projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Chief investment officer.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Chief information security officer is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Chief information security officer into the services that we provide?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Chief information security officer processes?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Information assurance adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Information assurance.
Chief communications officer Critical Criteria:
Devise Chief communications officer strategies and ask what if.
– What are our needs in relation to Chief information security officer skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are current Chief information security officer Paradigms?
Chief content officer Critical Criteria:
Scan Chief content officer adoptions and assess and formulate effective operational and Chief content officer strategies.
– How to Secure Chief information security officer?
General manager Critical Criteria:
Distinguish General manager planning and do something to it.
– Do we monitor the Chief information security officer decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why should general managers care about IT security breaches?
Computer emergency response team Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Computer emergency response team risks and define Computer emergency response team competency-based leadership.
– Consider your own Chief information security officer project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do you monitor security alerts and advisories from your system vendors, Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) and other sources, taking appropriate and responsive actions?
– How can you negotiate Chief information security officer successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How can you measure Chief information security officer in a systematic way?
Chief experience officer Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Chief experience officer results and gather Chief experience officer models .
– How to deal with Chief information security officer Changes?
Information security operations center Critical Criteria:
Steer Information security operations center strategies and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Vice president Critical Criteria:
Administer Vice president governance and attract Vice president skills.
Chief security officer Critical Criteria:
Generalize Chief security officer tactics and tour deciding if Chief security officer progress is made.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Chief information security officer? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Chief information security officer?
Chief knowledge officer Critical Criteria:
Gauge Chief knowledge officer goals and revise understanding of Chief knowledge officer architectures.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Chief information security officer?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Chief information security officer process?
Chief innovation officer Critical Criteria:
Analyze Chief innovation officer governance and define what our big hairy audacious Chief innovation officer goal is.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Chief information security officer in a volatile global economy?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Chief information security officer services/products?
– How will you measure your Chief information security officer effectiveness?
Chief revenue officer Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Chief revenue officer tactics and arbitrate Chief revenue officer techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we measure improved Chief information security officer service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Chief information security officer moving forward?
Talent management Critical Criteria:
Chart Talent management quality and remodel and develop an effective Talent management strategy.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Chief information security officer process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Chief information security officer process available?
– For your Chief information security officer project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Will Chief information security officer have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How much does it cost to set up an online learning management system?
Creative director Critical Criteria:
Coach on Creative director results and define what our big hairy audacious Creative director goal is.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Chief information security officer ?
General counsel Critical Criteria:
Dissect General counsel projects and pioneer acquisition of General counsel systems.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Chief information security officer activities?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Trace ISO/IEC 27001 failures and develop and take control of the ISO/IEC 27001 initiative.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Chief information security officer strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Non-executive director Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Non-executive director outcomes and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Non-executive director.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Chief information security officer with what users do day-to-day?
– What threat is Chief information security officer addressing?
Chief analytics officer Critical Criteria:
Reason over Chief analytics officer management and question.
– Does the Chief information security officer task fit the clients priorities?
– What are specific Chief information security officer Rules to follow?
Security architecture Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Security architecture planning and innovate what needs to be done with Security architecture.
– Do we have an official information security architecture, based on our Risk Management analysis and information security strategy?
– Is the security system compatible with the our current security architecture?
– Are assumptions made in Chief information security officer stated explicitly?
– Who sets the Chief information security officer standards?
– What is our current (as-is) it security architecture?
Senior management Critical Criteria:
Infer Senior management quality and grade techniques for implementing Senior management controls.
– Can we describe our organizations policies and procedures governing risk generally and Cybersecurity risk specifically. How does senior management communicate and oversee these policies and procedures?
– Describe your organizations policies and procedures governing risk generally and Cybersecurity risk specifically. How does senior management communicate and oversee these policies and procedures?
– Senior management, the mission owners, knowing the potential risks and recommended controls, may ask, when and under what circumstances should I take action, do we have the answers?
– When was the last time you or senior management told or showed your staff how proud you are of what they have achieved?
– In what ways are Chief information security officer vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Chief information security officer project?
– Should we provide Scrum training to senior management, including the people in the Program Management office?
– If your plan to influence senior management is working how can you ensure that it continues?
– Does Senior Management take action to address IT risk indicators identified and reported?
– How can middle or senior management support for sustaining the program be achieved?
– How does senior management communicate and oversee these policies and procedures?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– Does senior management understand the importance of GDPR?
– Is senior management involved/sponsoring?
Supervisory board Critical Criteria:
Explore Supervisory board risks and explain and analyze the challenges of Supervisory board.
– What are the disruptive Chief information security officer technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have all basic functions of Chief information security officer been defined?
Chief quality officer Critical Criteria:
Meet over Chief quality officer projects and prioritize challenges of Chief quality officer.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Chief information security officer? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Disaster recovery Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Disaster recovery failures and get the big picture.
– We should have adequate and well-tested disaster recovery and business resumption plans for all major systems and have remote facilities to limit the effect of disruptive events. Do we comply?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– Do we Assess the severity of damages and do we know when damages are enough to warrant activation of all or part of the disaster recovery plan?
– Are there any promotions being done in your local area by government or others that you can take advantage of?
– Do Payroll, financials, etc disaster recovery plans (drp) correlate with the overall erp?
– What types of infrastructure are necessary to support post-disaster re-development?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– To what extent are business owners involved in the bc management lifecycle?
– What changes need to be made to the website to reflect the reopening plan?
– Is our DRP Plan aligned with our vision, or does the plan need to change?
– Are there policies in place to address post-disaster redevelopment?
– How many times have we invoked our bc plans in the past five years?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Why are Chief information security officer skills important?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– Condition of the business pre-disaster?
– Are businesses in the inundation zone?
– What is disaster restoration to us?
– What about disaster recovery?
– Access to your computers?
Chief technology officer Critical Criteria:
Probe Chief technology officer tactics and define what do we need to start doing with Chief technology officer.
– How can skill-level changes improve Chief information security officer?
– What is our Chief information security officer Strategy?
Corporate Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Corporate results and shift your focus.
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– If no risks are offered, is there an explanation of which risks were evaluated or considered and how they were mitigated?
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– What information about competitors does my unit need in order to help the firm compete effectively?
– What type of products would work well under a dynamic pricing model?
– Can the company charge a price premium for its products or services?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– Is there a timeline offered for when benefits will be realized?
– Repair, including health/safety/environmental compliance?
– Do your recovery plans incorporate lessons learned?
– What are our unit s strengths and weaknesses?
– How much should we charge for these services?
– Who are our direct competitors?
– How do customers see us?
– What margin do we give?
Chief research officer Critical Criteria:
Participate in Chief research officer planning and customize techniques for implementing Chief research officer controls.
– How do we Improve Chief information security officer service perception, and satisfaction?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Information security management outcomes and develop and take control of the Information security management initiative.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Chief administrative officer Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Chief administrative officer management and document what potential Chief administrative officer megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How important is Chief information security officer to the user organizations mission?
– How do we go about Comparing Chief information security officer approaches/solutions?
Executive director Critical Criteria:
Refer to Executive director issues and finalize specific methods for Executive director acceptance.
– Do those selected for the Chief information security officer team have a good general understanding of what Chief information security officer is all about?
– Does the Executive Director and at least one other person (e.g., Board Chair) have access to all passwords?
– Is the Executive Director the only person who can implement the change process?
– Are there Chief information security officer Models?
Chief marketing officer Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Chief marketing officer management and figure out ways to motivate other Chief marketing officer users.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Chief information security officer processes?
PCI DSS Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over PCI DSS risks and achieve a single PCI DSS view and bringing data together.
– What are the long-term Chief information security officer goals?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Rank Information technology issues and budget for Information technology challenges.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Chief information security officer models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Chief learning officer Critical Criteria:
Meet over Chief learning officer issues and attract Chief learning officer skills.
– A dramatic step toward becoming a learning organization is to appoint a chief training officer (CTO) or a chief learning officer (CLO). Many organizations claim to value Human Resources, but how many have a Human Resources representative involved in discussions about research and development commercialization, new product development, the strategic vision of the company, or increasing shareholder value?
Chief visionary officer Critical Criteria:
Start Chief visionary officer goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Chief visionary officer.
– Is Chief information security officer Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Information security governance Critical Criteria:
Guard Information security governance results and get answers.
– Will Chief information security officer deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Chief operating officer Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Chief operating officer tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Chief operating officer.
– What is Effective Chief information security officer?
Digital forensics Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Digital forensics risks and adjust implementation of Digital forensics.
– How likely is the current Chief information security officer plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Chief science officer Critical Criteria:
Meet over Chief science officer projects and oversee implementation of Chief science officer.
– In the case of a Chief information security officer project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Chief information security officer project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Chief information security officer project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the barriers to increased Chief information security officer production?
Chief compliance officer Critical Criteria:
Devise Chief compliance officer results and optimize Chief compliance officer leadership as a key to advancement.
Chief digital officer Critical Criteria:
Use past Chief digital officer governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Chief digital officer.
Chief financial officer Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Chief financial officer planning and probe Chief financial officer strategic alliances.
– Does Chief information security officer create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Chief privacy officer Critical Criteria:
Look at Chief privacy officer tasks and summarize a clear Chief privacy officer focus.
Chief web officer Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Chief web officer issues and proactively manage Chief web officer risks.
Chief commercial officer Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Chief commercial officer governance and get answers.
Chief product officer Critical Criteria:
Debate over Chief product officer planning and document what potential Chief product officer megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Chief information security officer appropriately measure and monitor risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Chief information security officer Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Chief human resources officer External links:
Human Resources / Chief Human Resources Officer
Dermot J. O’Brien | Chief Human Resources Officer | ADP
Holistic Information Security Practitioner External links:
Holistic Information Security Practitioner Institute : Home
Chief data officer External links:
UK Chief Data Officer Summit
Chief Data Officer Salary – PayScale
Chief Data Officer Exchange Financial Services
Chief sustainability officer External links:
Chief Sustainability Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief Sustainability Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief risk officer External links:
Robert Paiano, Chief Risk Officer | The Hartford
Chief audit executive External links:
[PDF]Attributes of a Highly Successful Chief Audit Executive
[PDF]Employment Opportunity Chief Audit Executive
Chief Audit Executive Salary – PayScale
Chief business officer External links:
Chief Academic Officer and Chief Business Officer Workshop
Business continuity management External links:
Business Continuity Management – Health | Aon
12 Business Continuity Management – USPS
12-2 Business Continuity Management Program – USPS
Board of Directors External links:
Girls Inc. | Staff Leadership & Board of Directors
Board of Directors | WMATA
Board of Directors | HDR
Data Protection Act 1998 External links:
Data Protection Act 1998 | Practical Law
Data Protection Act 1998 CHAPTER 29 – legislation
The Data Protection Act 1998 summary – Law Teacher
Chief creative officer External links:
DVF’s chief creative officer steps down | News OK
Chief Executive Officer External links:
Chief Executive Officer | Northwest Public Power Association
Chief Executive Officer – CEO – Investopedia
Chief networking officer External links:
What is CHIEF NETWORKING OFFICER? What does …
Startups, Say Hello to the Chief Networking Officer
Chief brand officer External links:
Chief Brand Officer: Why Companies are Moving Beyond …
Regulatory compliance External links:
GlobalCompliancePanel – Regulatory Compliance …
Regulatory Compliance Consulting for Money Managers
Regulatory Compliance Association Reviews – …
Information risk management External links:
Risk Management – information risk management
Aujas – Information Risk Management, Information …
Information risk management (eBook, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Chief design officer External links:
J&J Taps First Chief Design Officer | CMO Strategy – AdAge
Apple: Jonathan Ive Promoted to Chief Design Officer | Time
Identity and access management External links:
[PDF]Identity and Access Management Overview
IAM Home – Wisconsin Identity and Access Management
Chief Information Officer External links:
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
What Is a Chief Information Officer? – Government …
Title Chief Information Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information privacy External links:
Chief procurement officer External links:
About the Chief Procurement Officer – Houston
Chief investment officer External links:
Brion Johnson, Chief Investment Officer | The Hartford
Chief Investment Officer of the Regents | UCOP
Information assurance External links:
Job Title: INFORMATION ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Information Assurance Training Center
Title Information Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief communications officer External links:
PGCPS Welcomes New Chief Communications Officer
Chief communications officer
The chief communications officer – or sometimes, Corporate communications officer – or public relations officer is the head of communications, public relations, and/or public affairs in an organization. Typically, the CCO of a corporation reports to the chief executive officer. The CCO may hold an academic degree in communications.
Chief content officer External links:
Chief Content Officer Job Opening in Conway, Arkansas – …
CCO – Chief Content Officer Magazine
General manager External links:
When Is General Manager Used as a Title? | Chron.com
Computer emergency response team External links:
Tz Cert – Tanzania Computer Emergency Response Team
CERT-GH – Ghana Computer Emergency Response Team
Chief experience officer External links:
Chief Experience Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Vice president External links:
Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) | Twitter
Vice president (capitalization and hyphenation) – Grammarist
What Is a Vice President’s Role? – The Balance
Chief security officer External links:
Chief Security Officer Jobs – Monster.com
Chief knowledge officer External links:
NASA Chief Knowledge Officer | Share. Connect. Engage.
[PDF]The role of the chief knowledge officer Qualities …
Chief innovation officer External links:
MD Anderson chief innovation officer: “Innovation doesn…
Chief revenue officer External links:
What’s a Chief Revenue Officer – The Revenue Game
Talent management External links:
Snagajob – Talent Management System
Self Management Group – Your Partners in Talent Management
Login | IBM Talent Management Solutions
Creative director External links:
Creative Director | World Resources Institute
General counsel External links:
Office of the General Counsel – fgcu.edu
Associate General Counsel
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Standard
ISO/IEC 27001 certification standard
Non-executive director External links:
Non-Executive Director – Investopedia
Dr Kirstin Ferguson – Non-Executive Director & Chairman
Chief analytics officer External links:
John Lee – loanDepot Chief Analytics Officer
Security architecture External links:
[PDF]An Introduction to Information Security Architecture
SACON : International Conference On Security Architecture …
Enterprise information security architecture
Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Senior management External links:
Senior Management | www.uscold.com
Senior Management – Emagine IT, Inc.
Senior Management Team – equuspartners.com
Supervisory board External links:
The Traxpay Team | Executive Team and Supervisory Board
Management – Supervisory Board – thyssenkrupp AG
Chief quality officer External links:
Chief Quality Officer Salary – PayScale
Disaster recovery External links:
Recovers – Community-Powered Disaster Recovery
Enterprise & Private Cloud – Disaster Recovery – Backup
Cloud Migration and Disaster Recovery
Chief technology officer External links:
Title Chief Technology Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]TITLE: Chief Technology Officer – …
What Is a Chief Technology Officer?
Corporate External links:
List of Corporate Titles | Chron.com
Corporate Executive Job Titles List – The Balance
Corporate (2017) – IMDb
Chief research officer External links:
Mainak Mazumdar, our Chief Research Officer, on Nielsen…
Chief Research Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief Research Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management – Corralling Mobile …
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Chief administrative officer External links:
What Is a Chief Administrative Officer? – Learn.org
Chief Administrative Officer of the United States House of Representatives …
Executive director External links:
Executive Director vs. President/CEO Title – …
NGEDA – National Guard Executive Director’s Association
Chief marketing officer External links:
Rani Hublou, Chief Marketing Officer | 8×8, Inc.
Diana O’Brien | Chief Marketing Officer | Deloitte
PCI DSS External links:
PCI Compliance Guide about PCI DSS | PCICompliance…
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Chief learning officer External links:
Chief Learning Officer Job Description | eLearning Mind
Chief visionary officer External links:
What does Chief visionary officer mean? – Definitions.net
www.definitions.net/definition/Chief visionary officer
What is the role of a chief visionary officer? – Quora
Information security governance External links:
[PDF]Information Security Governance: Toward a …
[PDF]Information Security Governance and Benchmarking
www.cicc.or.jp/japanese/kouenkai/pdf_ppt/afit/9_Prof. Eijiroh Ohki.pdf
Chief operating officer External links:
Chief Operating Officer – VHA Procurement & Logistics Office
Joel Wherley, Chief Operating Officer | VITAS Hospice
Digital forensics External links:
Crypsis | Data Breach, Security, & Digital Forensics
Ellington Digital Forensics
Digital Privacy. Evidence Integrity. – EDEC Digital Forensics
Chief science officer External links:
Our Program – Chief Science Officer
Chief Science Officer – Site
Chief compliance officer External links:
[PDF]From Tim Halevan, Chief Compliance Officer, CUNA …
Robert Ham, Chief Compliance Officer and VP Operations …
General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer Daniel Follis, Jr.
Chief financial officer External links:
Chief Financial Officer
The chief financial officer or chief financial and operating officer is a corporate officer primarily responsible for managing the financial risks of the corporation. This officer is also responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to higher management. In some sectors the CFO is also responsible for analysis of data. The title is equivalent to finance director, a common title in the United Kingdom. The CFO typically reports to the chief executive officer and to the board of directors, and may additionally sit on the board. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the president/chief executive officer and directly assists the chief operating officer on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost–benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
[PDF]JOB DESCRIPTION Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
www.nhsinc.org/JOBdescriptions/CFO 10-2013 Omni.pdf
Title Chief Financial Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Chief privacy officer External links:
Chief Privacy Officer | U.S. Department of Education
Chief Privacy Officer – Harvard Business Review
Chief web officer External links:
Orpheus Co Ltd – Chief Web Officer Resume Example
Pegasus Solutions Names David Millili Chief Web Officer
Chief product officer External links:
2 Answers – What is a Chief Product Officer? – Quora
Tim Von Kaenel – loanDepot Chief Product Officer