What is involved in Project Management Office PMO
Find out what the related areas are that Project Management Office PMO connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Management Office PMO thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Management Office PMO journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Management Office PMO leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Management Office PMO related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Management Office PMO, Project management office, Company, Document management system, Documentation, Estimation, Executive sponsor, PRINCE2, Performance metric, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Program management, Project Management Institute, Project Portfolio Management, Project management, Project management software, Project stakeholders, Project triangle, Schedule, Strategic project management:
Project Management Office PMO Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Project Management Office PMO quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Project Management Office PMO analysis show the relationships among important Project Management Office PMO factors?
– Will Project Management Office PMO deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we go about Comparing Project Management Office PMO approaches/solutions?
Project management office Critical Criteria:
Guard Project management office governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– what is the best design framework for Project Management Office PMO organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– When a Project Management Office PMO manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are assumptions made in Project Management Office PMO stated explicitly?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
Company Critical Criteria:
See the value of Company decisions and grade techniques for implementing Company controls.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– Does the company have a standard definition of Employee that includes full-time, part-time, contract, onleave, hired, retired, etc?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– Does your company have a formal information and technology risk framework and assessment process in place?
– Would your company benefit greatly if the supplier were more integrally connected with your company?
– Does our company communicate to employees the process for reporting and containing compromise?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– Approximately how many credit/debit card account numbers do you have stored companywide?
– Can the company charge a price premium for its products or services?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– How does CRM impact the company s bottom line or performance?
– Does the company use the NIST Cybersecurity framework?
– How well has management employed company assets?
– Is our company developing its Human Resources?
– How much should a company invest in security?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Meet over Document management system decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Document management system projects.
– Does Project Management Office PMO include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How to Secure Project Management Office PMO?
Documentation Critical Criteria:
Coach on Documentation strategies and find out what it really means.
– If a breach occurs or the regulator investigates the organization; you need to have documents to explain the complete data flows. Are you ready to answer those questions as the level of fines will take into account the processes; technology; and documentation that describes the systems and flow of data. Are you ready for that?
– Organizational support in providing services: do managers provide encouragement and support for collaborative activities and what is the impact on operations, documentation, billing, and Risk Management?
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Have operational issues, such as daily operation, maintenance, contingency planning, awareness, and training, and documentation been considered?
– What metadata/documentation will be submitted alongside the data or created on deposit/ transformation in order to make the data reusable?
– Do you have enough focus on ITRM documentation to help formalize processes to increase communications and integration with ORM?
– Is maximizing Project Management Office PMO protection the same as minimizing Project Management Office PMO loss?
– Does it include detailed documentation of the methodology so that any aspect of the program can be repeated?
– Risk Documentation: What reporting formats and processes will be used for risk management activities?
– What is an online learning center solution or customer extranet to upload documentation for customers?
– Documentation Logs What records should be kept from before, during, and after an incident?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation and manipulation steps exist?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– How will the software and documentation libraries be created and managed?
– How does improper/incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Does the documentation include records of mgmt decisions?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
Estimation Critical Criteria:
Detail Estimation leadership and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Estimation projects.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– Among the Project Management Office PMO product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– For estimation problems, how do you develop an estimation statement?
– Should managers do the estimation of Product Backlog Items?
– How do we go about Securing Project Management Office PMO?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Probe Executive sponsor goals and overcome Executive sponsor skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Management Office PMO in a volatile global economy?
– Why should we adopt a Project Management Office PMO framework?
PRINCE2 Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with PRINCE2 adoptions and explore and align the progress in PRINCE2.
– A lot of these decisions are based around selecting the correct level of governance and ceremony. At project initiation there should be questions such as Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project Management Office PMO move?
– Does our organization need more Project Management Office PMO education?
– Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– Are there Project Management Office PMO Models?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Value Performance metric tactics and observe effective Performance metric.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– How do we Identify specific Project Management Office PMO investment and emerging trends?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
– What are internal and external Project Management Office PMO relations?
– Who sets the Project Management Office PMO standards?
PricewaterhouseCoopers Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate PricewaterhouseCoopers issues and handle a jump-start course to PricewaterhouseCoopers.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project Management Office PMO? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we maintain Project Management Office PMOs Integrity?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Graph Program management engagements and customize techniques for implementing Program management controls.
– Is the record keeping and reporting system contributing to the effective running of the program or is it creating an unnecessary workload for the workers?
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– Are the strategies and resources being implemented undergoing any form of process evaluation?
– Are there any foreseeable problems working in partnership with any of the stakeholders?
– When the raw data is collected, how will the information be coded or transcribed?
– How do you hold people accountable when you havent been given any authority?
– Did any other factors have a significant influence on program outcomes?
– Are there problem(s) or delays with a particular aspect of the program?
– What tasks need to be completed before other tasks are started?
– Are protocols required to implement any aspects of the program?
– Who are all the key people who will be involved in the program?
– What are the consequences of changing the focus of the program?
– Are memos being forwarded and program files kept up-to-date?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– Does the program plan include a communication strategy?
– What were the results or key outcomes of the program?
– What set of analyses or comparisons will be made?
– What resources will the program require?
– Do the objectives need refocusing?
– How do you take control?
Project Management Institute Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Project Management Institute strategies and cater for concise Project Management Institute education.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Project Management Office PMO? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Project Management Office PMO processes?
Project Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Project Portfolio Management adoptions and balance specific methods for improving Project Portfolio Management results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project Management Office PMO?
– In a project to restructure Project Management Office PMO outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What vendors make products that address the Project Management Office PMO needs?
– What is project portfolio management?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Unify Project management visions and find answers.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– What is agile project management?
– What is Project Management?
– Needs project management?
Project management software Critical Criteria:
Read up on Project management software projects and find out what it really means.
– Which Project Management Office PMO goals are the most important?
– Is the scope of Project Management Office PMO defined?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Pilot Project stakeholders tasks and probe the present value of growth of Project stakeholders.
– What is Effective Project Management Office PMO?
Project triangle Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Project triangle visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Project triangle services.
– Why is Project Management Office PMO important for you now?
Schedule Critical Criteria:
Probe Schedule quality and describe which business rules are needed as Schedule interface.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project Management Office PMO?
– Budget and Schedule: What are the estimated costs and schedules for performing risk-related activities?
– How could risks affect the overall outcome of projects in probabilistic terms of cost and schedule?
– Is there a schedule for required password updates from default vendor or manufacturer passwords?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– Is Project Management Office PMO Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– What is the project time schedule for developing and launching the product?
– Is the project on schedule, on budget, and meeting specifications?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Optimising schedules in terms of memory port and ALU uses ?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– Are we constrained by a predefined schedule?
– Schedule -can it be done in the given time?
– Cost / schedule impact analysis required?
– Do you keep 50% of your time unscheduled?
Strategic project management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Strategic project management management and handle a jump-start course to Strategic project management.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project Management Office PMO process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project Management Office PMO process available?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Project Management Office PMO strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who needs to know about Project Management Office PMO ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Management Office PMO Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project management office External links:
About PPM – Project Management Office – Purdue University
Information Technology’s Project Management Office | …
Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO)
Company External links:
The Electric Company – PBS KIDS: Educational Games, …
Document management system External links:
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software for …
Doclink – Document Management System
Documentation External links:
Therabill – Therapy Scheduling | Documentation
Vessel Documentation Online LLC | US Coast Guard …
Estimation External links:
Honda Generators – Wattage estimation guide
Individual – Estimation Calculators
GitHub Pages – Bitcoin Fee Estimation
Executive sponsor External links:
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – Health Care in British …
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – BC Patient Safety & Quality …
PRINCE2 External links:
PRINCE2 2017, PRINCE2 Training, PRINCE2 Courses, …
PRINCE2 2017 Certifications | Project Management | …
Certifications | ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, RESILIA | AXELOS
Performance metric External links:
[PDF]FHA’s Proposed Supplemental Performance Metric
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
MTA Subway Performance Metric Dashboard
PricewaterhouseCoopers External links:
Applicants Can Sue PricewaterhouseCoopers for …
Program management External links:
GHIN Handicap Program Management
[PDF]OSHA Safety and Health Program Management …
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
Project Management Institute External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
PMI – Project Management Institute
PMI – Project Management Institute :: Pearson VUE
Project Portfolio Management External links:
Eclipse Project Portfolio Management – Login
Project Portfolio Management Software | Deltek PPM
Best Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Software in …
Project management External links:
monday – Project management software teams actually love
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project management software External links:
dapulse – Project management software teams actually love
Huddle | Team Collaboration & Project Management Software
Project stakeholders External links:
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Project triangle External links:
What is the project triangle? – InLoox
Schedule External links:
Schedule | Bravo TV Official Site
New York Knicks – Schedule
Strategic project management External links:
Stakeholder Alignment and Strategic Project Management
Manager, Strategic Project Management – Sports Equipment